Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 01-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by DURHUR
Holy fuck.The biggest,riciest,most idiotic person i've ever met owned that car for sometime.He bought it all red with decent paint,a week later it was flat black and blue.
Yea... Wtf was he thinking? Not to mention the paint job looks like shit. Runs, sanding marks, etc... What was with the blue fenders and half blue doors? I don't get that... I also don't get all the over spray all over....EVERYTHING. But for being idiotic, at least he didn't gut the shit out of it.

Originally Posted by black_krix_si
Looks like the crx is pretty well intact. Not bad for $600, I would have bought it if I knew they would go that low.
It is intact. Theres only a few things missing. Bumper lights, mud flap, clock cover, rear view mount cover and probably some stuff I'm missing. But its about 95% all there...

The chick I bought it from said she bought it from a friend in Dec.... She couldn't get the hang of driving a 5-speed so she sold it. It was listed on CL for 1k. I ended up finding out I worked with the chick after someone mentioning there was some chick trying to sell a CRX. Also found out she only wanted 650 for it... Score!

So my fix list starts out with:

Brakes, axles, and radiator. Obvious tune-up. Better set of adjustable coil springs. Either find out root cause of random beeping or find speaker and disconnect. Replace driver side fender. Fix the driver side door-stay. Legit intake instead of advanced auto special. Replace rusty exhaust. Bumper lights. Front corner lights. Fix license plate lights (which I got pulled for tonight). Replace rear 6x9s with proper 6.5"s in proper brackets. Tint. A/c recharge and extensive body work in the spring. Possible z6 head in the works. Other than that I'm gonna leave it alone.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:29 AM

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute

I might have the lights and some misc crap. I might have the radiator too
Old 01-10-2012, 03:39 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Ignore the finish panel. IN the process of fixing that lol.

Name:  QC2FL.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  197.3 KB
Name:  AyXRN.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  209.1 KB
Old 01-10-2012, 04:08 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by black_krix_si
I might have the lights and some misc crap. I might have the radiator too
That'd be great if you did... LMK what ya got...
Old 01-10-2012, 06:32 AM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Originally Posted by Cindy_Lou_Who
Ignore the finish panel. IN the process of fixing that lol.
Nice man!
Old 01-10-2012, 06:33 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Thanks man. I still have a good ways to go til i'm in love with the car.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:57 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Nice na Cindy. Got my package from DHL today, car hasn't been washed in ages and direct sunlight makes the paint look orange but here it is:

They're a little darker than I expected so now I'll have to smoke the front corners a bit more than I was anticipating to match:

If you can believe it I still don't have my wheels back. (41 days and counting) I'm going to look at a townhouse this weekend in Radford, like three days before classes start.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:18 AM
Registered member

ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995

Originally Posted by Cyanide
So my fix list starts out with:

Brakes, axles, and radiator. Obvious tune-up. Better set of adjustable coil springs. Either find out root cause of random beeping or find speaker and disconnect. Replace driver side fender. Fix the driver side door-stay. Legit intake instead of advanced auto special. Replace rusty exhaust. Bumper lights. Front corner lights. Fix license plate lights (which I got pulled for tonight). Replace rear 6x9s with proper 6.5"s in proper brackets. Tint. A/c recharge and extensive body work in the spring. Possible z6 head in the works. Other than that I'm gonna leave it alone.
if you decide to get a z6 head let me know, i've got a good one.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:55 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Originally Posted by ej1995
if you decide to get a z6 head let me know, i've got a good one.
Already got one lined up and I think its free? Just needs valves...

So lets check off some junk. Radiator, cap/rotor/plugs/wires, light bulbs, more front loooows...

Coming soon: better coil springs, z6 head/arp head studs/p28, rotors/pads, axles, finish tune up, marker lenses, begin temporary hoodride stage, header back exhaust, intake...
Old 01-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by Cyanide
Already got one lined up and I think its free? Just needs valves...

So lets check off some junk. Radiator, cap/rotor/plugs/wires, light bulbs, more front loooows...

Coming soon: better coil springs, z6 head/arp head studs/p28, rotors/pads, axles, finish tune up, marker lenses, begin temporary hoodride stage, header back exhaust, intake...
I'm just curious,what's the ultimate goal for this car?More conservative daily driver,or completely done up like the EK?Reason I ask is that I at one point had the somewhat radical car that was more for weekends/nice days and was a cop-magnet,and then I bought the daily driver that I intended to leave mostly stock.One thing led to another and before I knew it I was putting a lot of money into both cars just to end up with two Hondas that were very similar,other than the body type.It just made much more sense to concentrate the effort/money on one of them and sell the other or drive it as-is.

The majority of stuff you listed is reliability based,but the "hoodride status" makes me wonder,haha.Before long you have two cars that are both too low/too loud/too dope/etc.

Last edited by TNGChris; 01-13-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!