Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 01-13-2012, 04:21 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by Cyanide
Already got one lined up and I think its free? Just needs valves...

So lets check off some junk. Radiator, cap/rotor/plugs/wires, light bulbs, more front loooows...

Coming soon: better coil springs, z6 head/arp head studs/p28, rotors/pads, axles, finish tune up, marker lenses, begin temporary hoodride stage, header back exhaust, intake...
Well if you end up getting rid of some of the a6 stuff that can be used in a dpfi to mpfi swap then let me know
Old 01-14-2012, 05:15 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8MRI4nMcC8
Old 01-14-2012, 04:47 PM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Old 01-15-2012, 12:37 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Welcome. Nice 1er, it's a 135 I assume?
Old 01-15-2012, 09:29 AM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Yes, sir.
My current mods are: Extreme Turbo Systems 5" FMIC, Burger Motorsports dual cone intake, Active Autowerkes 3" catless downpipes and Cobb stage 2+ engine management software. On a dynojet it should be 400rwhp/420rwtq, give or take 15 either way. Ill be heading down to VIR next month to see how poorly all that torque goes through an open diff to one wheel lol
Old 01-15-2012, 05:08 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by boostedb1mmer
Yes, sir.
My current mods are: Extreme Turbo Systems 5" FMIC, Burger Motorsports dual cone intake, Active Autowerkes 3" catless downpipes and Cobb stage 2+ engine management software. On a dynojet it should be 400rwhp/420rwtq, give or take 15 either way. Ill be heading down to VIR next month to see how poorly all that torque goes through an open diff to one wheel lol
BMW put an open diff in the 1 series? that blows.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:25 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by TNGChris
I'm just curious,what's the ultimate goal for this car?More conservative daily driver,or completely done up like the EK?Reason I ask is that I at one point had the somewhat radical car that was more for weekends/nice days and was a cop-magnet,and then I bought the daily driver that I intended to leave mostly stock.One thing led to another and before I knew it I was putting a lot of money into both cars just to end up with two Hondas that were very similar,other than the body type.It just made much more sense to concentrate the effort/money on one of them and sell the other or drive it as-is.

The majority of stuff you listed is reliability based,but the "hoodride status" makes me wonder,haha.Before long you have two cars that are both too low/too loud/too dope/etc.
I've considered this. But I have too many parts laying around not to do something dope. The Civic will always remain my priority as it is the original Hoodride car for me... As you'll see in the next couple months. I've just got burnt out with it after the rebuild and now this door issue has me stumped. But I just got a boat load of parts for that car so I'm stoked to work on it again. As far as the CRX is concerned, turbo is likely in the future but not high on my to-do list. There's also a possibility of me looking into getting a 4-door very soon.... The Crx now is just being fixed to drive daily with minimal cop attention other than it being slammed.

Originally Posted by ej1995
Well if you end up getting rid of some of the a6 stuff that can be used in a dpfi to mpfi swap then let me know
Will do. Most likely will just swap the z6 head in and call it a day.

Yes, sir.
This wouldn't be Sam would it?
Old 01-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Sarge,a while back you had a post with pics of the alignment rig you made.it inspired me to build my own finally,as well as a better camber gauge.
I'd been using a Longacre toe gauge,and I've always hated it.It only reads in 1/16" increments and has at least that much in error,as the slide has a ton of play in it.Also,I couldn't do thrust angle with it.
Today I finished my string rig.I used my M3 as a reference,since I recently aligned it with my old stuff.Turns out the toe was off about 1/8"(as measured at the wheel lips)front and rear,which is exactly the amount of error you could get at most being 1/16" off on each measurement.
After fixing everything,the car drives so much better.I can only imagine how far off the Civic is.

Also made a new camber gauge.My old setup was a bubble style gauge that measured in .25 degree increments.I made this setup using a digital level and now have a +/-.1 degree error.I built it to have the ability to fit 15"-19" wheels.

Adam,my GoPro will be here tomorrow.Will have M3 and dirtbike tomfoolery video next weekend.

Yes, sir.
Nice!Are you doing the Tarheel event?

Last edited by TNGChris; 01-15-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:55 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Nice! I shot Chad's 370Z again today and am planning to shoot Sam's M5 as soon as possible.

I shot in 1080p today and the raw footage is noticeably better.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
BMW put an open diff in the 1 series? that blows.
It uses an open carrier with a computer controlled electronic LSD system. It works decent on the road and in a straight line, but in turns it doesn't really work that well. The 1M uses a true LSD.
Depending on the mods i choose to do, i may upgrade to a wavetrack or OS Gilken unit. RB turbos are a VERY tempting upgrade... But if i go that route then clutch,flywheel, half shafts etc upgrades become necessary and then the $ starts to add up quick. I guess you've got to pay to play lol

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!