Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 01-22-2012, 04:41 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by TongWoo
We have run Go Pro's at Summit drifting and going off track/all sorts of crazy noise and haven't run into that rattle from the mic at all. Are you sure that's what it is, Adam?
No, I'm not sure, but it seems to make the same squeaky noise when I handle the camera (holding it by the housing) and play back the audio. I guess it could be something else.

Either way, the audio is the weak point IMO. I'll at the very least experiment with a cheap stereo mic and go from there.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:41 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
No, I'm not sure, but it seems to make the same squeaky noise when I handle the camera (holding it by the housing) and play back the audio. I guess it could be something else.

Either way, the audio is the weak point IMO. I'll at the very least experiment with a cheap stereo mic and go from there.
It's a gopro... It's not gonna be quality. It's gonna be okay. I know they advertise that it does great, but it's a fucking gopro. Nothing sucks worse than clicking on a youtube link and seeing nothing but gopro footage.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

The sky looked crazy earlier,so i took this before i left.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:58 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Do I even want to know where the Jetta is, Dawg? Or where you've been for the past couple'a days? Or where the hell you got that ride from?
Old 01-27-2012, 04:46 AM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Race B&on
Do I even want to know where the Jetta is, Dawg? Or where you've been for the past couple'a days? Or where the hell you got that ride from?
Lul,you got that dead on too.

The jetta got sold a few weeks ago.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:35 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by TongWoo
It's a gopro... It's not gonna be quality. It's gonna be okay. I know they advertise that it does great, but it's a fucking gopro. Nothing sucks worse than clicking on a youtube link and seeing nothing but gopro footage.
I have to disagree with you brotha! Not based on advertising, or based on the fact that I'm biased because I own one. I've really seen a lot of GoPro footage that has REALLY impressed me! There are people that take their footage straight from the camera and put it on Youtube totally unedited and with that stuff, I don't disagree, it's so so.. but I don't think it's the quality of the video that's to blame. It's the lack of creativity.

Check out my buddy Mitch's video here, for example. He's just screwing around and filming inside the Architects Of Air

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzD07NGVwK4 Check out his channel for other examples. If everything in the video is a static mounted camera on the side of a car and that's all you see for 4 minutes, I totally agree, but I think you're only limited by your imagination as to how professional you can make any sort of footage--GoPro or otherwise. I'm a newb, but I've been learning a lot and hope to have some things worth showing off soon.

Never the less, my next big purchase is going to be a vDSLR most likely. I've come to realize this is something I'm really interested in as a hobby and possibly more.

Last edited by VanillaThrilla; 01-27-2012 at 06:40 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Registered member

ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995

Old 01-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Registered member

ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995

oh, and i saw this at the store on friday. mustang II setup for a ford big block. for sale for $500 haha

Old 01-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Needs A 240sx

SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg

^ I'll give him $500 for the truck the car is sitting on....
Old 01-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Registered Member

white-lightning has disabled reputation

Did you finally wash the hatch Matt?

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!