Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 02-11-2012, 05:15 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by 4CED-FED
Looks great man, I love the 1 series. I am seriously eye balling the 1M for my next car when this Speed is paid off. That or a slightly used M3, but the 1 series just looks so unique and seems to be a lot more affordable.
Thanks man. Basically like chris just said, good luck finding a 1M when the time comes. I think total production run for NA(usa and canada) was ~500, so they will be hard to find so they'll probably hold their value really well. I'd steer clear of the e9x M3s, i believe the S65 V8 is going to start developing serious main bearing problems once the engines start to get some mileage on them, but that's just a hunch based on pics i've seen of tear downs done on "healthy" engines.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

I wouldn't own any BMW after ~06 out of it's warranty. They just cost too damn much to repair.

The entire automotive industry is pushing itself toward a realm of spaceships. They're not simply cars anymore, they're a rolling fucking computer, and most get pushed out the door before the bugs are sorted.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:37 PM
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Motor is ready to go in!
Old 02-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by The Nisbro
he said something about boost long ago...that cat's been out the bag, bro.
hayhayhay you stfu you windy haired fag. He told me it wuz posed to be racekar sekreetz!
Old 02-13-2012, 06:33 AM
Bewst!!!

4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED

Originally Posted by TNGChris
You'll probably be better off getting a used M3.The current 1M is a limited production deal,and there's very few of them.One thing BMW did succeed at is making the car valuable by limiting production,despite it being the most "normal"/parts bin M series car(by that I mean the M car most like it's non-M models,other than the US E36 M3 of course).It may very well hold value like the E30 M3s did,just based on how scarce they'll be.
On the other hand,I'd be scared to buy an E9x M3.They require so much dealer specific(or at minimum specialty shop)attention I'd hate to have one out of warranty.

What you need is to find a nice,low mileage E46 M3
I should have clarified - I meant the e46 M3. They are one of my most favorite and timeless cars on the road. Absolutely love them. I tried trading in my car last year and getting one, but at the time, the bank just wouldn't finance that much money so I will have to have more of a down payment to get one. I'd like around an 05-06 with low as mileage as possible and definitely a 6 speed. I am fully aware of the issues with the new e92 m3's, but at the end of the day, I think the body on those cars are one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen. Everyone has their own opinions, but I absolutely love the appearance and the interior. I love the fact it is a v8 as well, although it kinda lacks in the torque department. I just hate the whole BMW maintenance thing, so an older one would probably be in the cards if I was to go that route.

As for the 1M, I know they are rare and will be super hard to find, but my goodness that car is a big ol pile of sex. I love the body lines, I love the fact they went with the inline twin turbo v6 and I love the power output. The price is pretty reasonable, all things considered. I have a much better chance of finding a e46, but I do love the 1m. It's just like the Audi RS4, I have a complete weakness for those but even today those things are anywhere from mid 30s to low 40s and you'll find maybe 5 from here to Bangkok. Hell, by the time my car is paid off in 2 years, my tastes could change. But one thing I doubt that will change is my love for the e46.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:50 PM

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boostedb1mmer
Thank you, sir!!!
I finally got a decent pic

Do you live on Craig ave in Salem? I see one parked in front of a house a lot.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

What is an inline v6?
Old 02-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Originally Posted by black_krix_si
Do you live on Craig ave in Salem? I see one parked in front of a house a lot.
Nope, i currently live in the SML area. I have a buddy that lives in the riverwalk apartments and i spend a lot of time in the Salem area on the weekends.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
What is an inline v6?
One hell of an engineering achievement.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Registered member

ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
What is an inline v6?
sounds kinda like that VW engine... a 3.2 v6 with one inline cylinder head.
messed up situation entirely

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!