Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 04-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

was it the one in salem that cracked it?
Old 04-24-2012, 05:17 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

How the hell did they do that?!Is it in the barrel area where maybe it can be fixed?

That kind of shit scares me to death
Anywhere I've ever gotten tires mounted on nice wheels I've asked about their damage policy.Many places won't cover anything if you didn't buy the wheels or tires there,so you've got to be careful.Even the places that claim they'll take care of it will usually flake out when it comes to an expensive/hard to replace wheel.
This is one of the reasons I've been looking to buy a tire machine.If anybody's gonna fuck my wheels up,it's gonna be me.

Last edited by TNGChris; 04-24-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:17 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by TongWoo
Thanks! Not right now... I'm still waiting on Merchant's Tire to reimburse me/etc for cracking one of them. Soon. They cracked my wheel and are being super shady about it. You can't find those wheels separately, and a used set is $2200. They better take care of it.
That kind of shit scares me to death. If some place fucked up one of my wheels I wouldn't even know where I could find another one (took me almost a year to find my 4th), let alone how much it would be to replace it. When I dropped them off to be repaired the guy must've thought I was a total jackass because I must've pleaded with him to be careful at least 10 times.

By the way your car looks fantastic, as usual.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:27 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Thanks guys. Yes, in Salem. They got 2 of the four clamps wedged into the wheel. When they went to take it off the machine two clamps released and two were stuck. The idiots lifted the free side with pry bars trying to pop the wheel off, but it only wedged it in further. There were 3 grown men trying to pry it off at the same time. Fucking idiots. The manager is being a dick about it.
I immediately contacted corporate, and they had the local shop follow up. I get a call Sunday from a dude claiming to work for Tire Kingdom Corporate (the father company) and he tells me they won't cover anything with the wheel.
-I thought dude was full of shit, so I googled him and it turns out he's just an assistant manager at another store. The manager at Salem had this dude call me to keep from looking like a jackass to corporate. I called corporate about this and that dude should have never called me. So fucking shady. Anyway, apparently Tire Kingdom is going to call me back tomorrow and get this settled.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Registered member

ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995 ej1995

Originally Posted by TongWoo
Thanks guys. Yes, in Salem. They got 2 of the four clamps wedged into the wheel. When they went to take it off the machine two clamps released and two were stuck. The idiots lifted the free side with pry bars trying to pop the wheel off, but it only wedged it in further. There were 3 grown men trying to pry it off at the same time. Fucking idiots. The manager is being a dick about it.
I immediately contacted corporate, and they had the local shop follow up. I get a call Sunday from a dude claiming to work for Tire Kingdom Corporate (the father company) and he tells me they won't cover anything with the wheel.
-I thought dude was full of shit, so I googled him and it turns out he's just an assistant manager at another store. The manager at Salem had this dude call me to keep from looking like a jackass to corporate. I called corporate about this and that dude should have never called me. So fucking shady. Anyway, apparently Tire Kingdom is going to call me back tomorrow and get this settled.
let me know if they don't call you. I know Wayne the store manager there in Salem, but I've got Mark Simon's personal number...and honestly he's the man to contact if they don't do anything. He's over all these stores around here and doesn't tolerate any B.S. from employees.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:45 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

All you need to mount a tire is ether and a torch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59BFzEzVGTk
Old 04-24-2012, 05:46 PM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Thanks man. Wayne was supposed to check it out, but he wasn't there when I took the wheel back by. The other manager looked at it and tried to argue with me about it. Tall slim dude. That isn't Mark, is it?
Old 04-24-2012, 05:47 PM
BATTLESTAGS

And Adam... Tall tires and motorcycle tires don't count! You can do those by hand no problem.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:59 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xwfDEtk-R8 not being serious, woo... just fascinated with the method.

sorry about your wheel. scalp the manager!
Old 04-24-2012, 06:25 PM
i anger trendy kids.

iNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond reputeiNF I Ghost I has a reputation beyond repute

me peglegging it at Driftvalley

some pics of Bens FC and Jons s14
some quick cell pics

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!