Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 06-01-2012, 07:24 AM
I <3 2JZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Wow I'm envious I'd love to put some CCW's on the sc.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:09 AM
Registered Member

eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo

wow those are freakin gorgeous!
Old 06-02-2012, 09:00 AM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Originally Posted by eyeGOsloo
wow those are freakin gorgeous!
x1000
Old 06-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

More pics.Finished assembling the wheels today.Tires on hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday.Pics on the car soon.
Four finished barrel sets:

I love the oil slick logos!

Finished:

Finished putting the EG back together today.Looks like everything is all good.Did a quick test drive before loading it up for VIR next week.Playing with GoPro placement.Short video of VTAC engaging.Very boring.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2o-RukFcLg
Old 06-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Registered Member

eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo

Originally Posted by TNGChris
More pics.Finished assembling the wheels today.Tires on hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday.Pics on the car soon.
Four finished barrel sets:
[IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j227/teamnextgen/DSC04939.jpg[/IG]
I love the oil slick logos!
[IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j227/teamnextgen/DSC04944.jpg[/IG]

Finished:
[IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j227/teamnextgen/DSC04946.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j227/teamnextgen/DSC04949.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j227/teamnextgen/DSC04951.jpg[/MG]

Finished putting the EG back together today.Looks like everything is all good.Did a quick test drive before loading it up for VIR next week.Playing with GoPro placement.Short video of VTAC engaging.Very boring.
[video=youtube;R2o-RukFcLg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2o-RukFcLg[/vido]
I wanted to reply to this post but I wasn't exactly sure what to say, because I'm speechless haha. They came out spot on though for sure
Old 06-04-2012, 02:32 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

You need a Micover (windscreen/deadcat) for the back of that housing, Chris. Which rear door were you using?
Old 06-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
You need a Micover (windscreen/deadcat) for the back of that housing, Chris. Which rear door were you using?
I've got the LCD backpack on there,and I don't think there's a sealed housing included for that(I'll have to check it out),so I believe it does have some openings.
Do they make a windscreen specifically for the GoPro casing?I've been meaning to talk to you about your recommendation for an external mic,but now it's too late to get anything shipped in time.I'm going to film from inside the car anyway for this event,so it's not a big deal.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Looking good Chris, I finally got all my brakes(pads/rotors/fluid) and fluids and checking and double checking on the car pretty much done tonite, now gotta start packing up the truck and get the car loaded and such. God this seems like a lot of work lol!
Old 06-04-2012, 06:21 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by TNGChris
I've got the LCD backpack on there,and I don't think there's a sealed housing included for that(I'll have to check it out),so I believe it does have some openings.
Do they make a windscreen specifically for the GoPro casing?I've been meaning to talk to you about your recommendation for an external mic,but now it's too late to get anything shipped in time.I'm going to film from inside the car anyway for this event,so it's not a big deal.
Yes, the LCD does come with a sealed housing. Which one is the right one for your filming will depend on what kind of speeds you're going to get up to on the track. That will cut down on the wind noise, but it will likely also muffle the sound a little bit. Best thing you can do is run the open LCD case (in dry conditions) and get the Micover deadcat..

Great $20 investment--or you can certainly try to make your own. Some people have had decent results just putting tape over the slots in the open housing to cut down a little bit of the wind noise. It allows more sound than the sealed housing.

Video looks good! What res are you filming in?
Old 06-05-2012, 03:21 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Yes, the LCD does come with a sealed housing. Which one is the right one for your filming will depend on what kind of speeds you're going to get up to on the track. That will cut down on the wind noise, but it will likely also muffle the sound a little bit. Best thing you can do is run the open LCD case (in dry conditions) and get the Micover deadcat..

Great $20 investment--or you can certainly try to make your own. Some people have had decent results just putting tape over the slots in the open housing to cut down a little bit of the wind noise. It allows more sound than the sealed housing.

Video looks good! What res are you filming in?
Haha,nice!Kind of defeats the purpose of the Backpac though,unless it's easily removeable.I really want to do an external mic so that when I do outside filming I can keep the mic in the car.Unless you think the cover you posted above would do a good job of killing the wind noise at 100+MPH?
The video above was filmed in 1080/30FPS/med FOV.Still a huge drop in quality once it's converted on the computer.Straight from the GoPro through the HDMI cable,it's HD Network TV quality on my 50" TV.Looks unbelievable!But when I upload it to Youtube then watch it on my TV it looks at best like standard definition TV.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!