Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 08-29-2012, 03:20 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
You can easily get the miata to spin with stock power if you trailbrake too much or crank the wheel, hell you've watched me do it lmao. I've also had it get iffy once or twice in 3 depending on how you apply the power.

Aero+tires+brakes would be a big necessity, I can feel the car get floaty at the measily 115ish speeds it attain's at VIR. The evo I could potentially write off. It's paid for...and rolling chassis' are semi easy to come by, but still..

250hp would be doable, but I think that's getting close to upsetting the bottom end as far as reliability. Dunno, it's quite a toss up for sure.

I've not jacked the car up and checked bearings yet, I never heard and noise or sensation from it. I'm talking a guy on the forums that's super smart with the stuff, he says the pads I'm running without cooling will go away with the quickness....but we shall see.

The price of the new gopro vs the countour tho....kinda makes me want to just get the countour.
Haha,I have seen up close the effects of that.I was talking more about from the center off though,where I'd say right now you can be pretty liberal with the throttle and it doesn't upset the chassis much.Just seems like with the short wheelbase it would really rotate quickly under throttle while still turning,and could be a handfull to stay ahead of it with your inputs.

Brake ducts couldn't hurt on the Evo.In addition to helping with the fade it should prolong wheel bearing life too.

The HD2 is relatively expensive.I really think that the HD model in 720 with an external mic will perform 95% as good as the much more expensive HD2.Recently in some magazine(I forget which one.Sport Rider maybe)there was a comparison of all the motorsports cameras.The Contour got really high marks.I guess I've drank the GoPro Kool-Aid,as I just keep buying their bullshit accessories for it
Old 08-29-2012, 05:43 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by TNGChris
Haha,I have seen up close the effects of that.I was talking more about from the center off though,where I'd say right now you can be pretty liberal with the throttle and it doesn't upset the chassis much.Just seems like with the short wheelbase it would really rotate quickly under throttle while still turning,and could be a handfull to stay ahead of it with your inputs.

Brake ducts couldn't hurt on the Evo.In addition to helping with the fade it should prolong wheel bearing life too.

The HD2 is relatively expensive.I really think that the HD model in 720 with an external mic will perform 95% as good as the much more expensive HD2.Recently in some magazine(I forget which one.Sport Rider maybe)there was a comparison of all the motorsports cameras.The Contour got really high marks.I guess I've drank the GoPro Kool-Aid,as I just keep buying their bullshit accessories for it
The Contour and GoPro have pretty similar footage, and reviews just about everywhere I've seen. The biggest difference is the aftermarket, which GoPro KILLS the Contour with.

I think you can get the HD2 for like $275ish now, which really isn't unreasonable. Accessories aren't cheap. but there are so many of them to choose from.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:46 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by pieisgude
I was just messin with a gopro hd2 today filming my car and a friend's car. The mic really does suck, and i thought about the external mic idea, but there's no way to plug it in with the case on. Time to use the drill.
Noooooooooo

Originally Posted by TNGChris
Yeah,I don't understand why there's no access to it with the case on.Drilling the case should be no problem with a high-speed bit and starting out tiny,working up(I'd be concerned about the case cracking if just going straight to a 1/4" or so hole).
Really? You guys don't understand why it's not accessible with the default case? It's because it's supposed to be waterproof with that case on. If you drill a hole in it, it defeats the purpose. You can get the skeleton case that makes everything accessible along the sides without removing the camera from the housing, and you can use your external mic. It's like $26, so don't drill your default case and lose the waterproof aspect of it.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:51 AM
wub wub wub wub

Terrible before and after examples, by all means, but I still haven't compiled much with it recently.. Waiting for some good content to film.

before:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DMhCRPzBAc after:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am1a9-KOPKk
Old 08-29-2012, 05:54 AM
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

Lol, i knew gopro had thought about this. Figured you'd have to spend some more money though. I'll look into that skeleton case.

On a side note, the hd2 is $250 at best buy right now. I'm still going to buy a contour though, haha.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:58 AM
wub wub wub wub

I'm not trying to talk anyone out of a Contour. They're nice cameras too. I have no experience with them myself, but I've seen lots of good stuff filmed with Contours. I don't know anything about the audio and whether or not they even have any aftermarket parts or products, so you're on your own with that.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it, unless it's POV sexytime.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:00 AM
wub wub wub wub

I just thought of something... I think you have to get an adapter to even use an external microphone with the Contour HD.

Default mic doesn't sound any better by any means:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4LMBF7JR1E

I'm also pretty certain there is no option of a viewfinder or any sort of screen on the Contour... and I believe the still images are only 5mp versus the 11mp of the GoPro... and I'm also pretty certain that there's no remote control feature on the Contour. The GoPro Hero2 has a bluetooth/wifi add-on where you can stream footage to your cell phone remotely while filming, and you also have a "dongle" where you can turn the camera on and off remotely, and control the entire menu changing settings and what not--remotely.

Last edited by VanillaThrilla; 08-29-2012 at 06:09 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:03 AM
Bewst!!!

4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED

Adam, we need to get some before and after vids of my car now
Old 08-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Originally Posted by 4CED-FED
Adam, we need to get some before and after vids of my car now
When's the upgraded turbo going on???
Old 08-29-2012, 03:30 PM
Registered member

OMG Z34 has disabled reputation

Fuck! Swapping the turbo should be even more fun than the manifold!

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!