Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 10-26-2012, 02:39 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OMG Z34 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

True I would much rather do the build myself if I had the knowledge and skills to do so. This was done once before and it went horribly wrong. I'm leaving it up to the pros to design and build everything. This a prototype and different from before, a turn key kit will be released in the future based off my build.

If anyone wants to continue to talk shit about how easy this is, by all means you take a stab at designing and fabbing everything. 1 turbo, 2 throttle bodies, 11:1 compression and no one has been able to crack the VVEL.

I'm sure just by the sole amount of time you spend behind a keyboard you must already be a master engineer and fabricator.

Originally Posted by Spooln4
The time wasted in this thread is ammmAaazzingg...

Now continue on...

Did you say Titan was doing the fabrication ? Or did I misread that and just to lazy to hit the back button on my phone. What whp do you expect from 8-10psi?
Most of the build is being done by S&R, one of Titan's fabricators is there to do the cold side. Don't know exactly what to expect but just keeping it conservative. Should be about 500+whp @8psi
Old 10-26-2012, 03:32 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Is the VVEL system not similar to the r35? Is the AP able to tweak that?
Old 10-26-2012, 05:31 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
Is the VVEL system not similar to the r35? Is the AP able to tweak that?
The AP only works on the 09 370. I use uprev which is great but still hasn't unlocked VVEL. Most of the development went to the R35 platform, the Z was pretty much put on the back burner.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:00 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Seriously, I don't understand why this has even turned into an argument....

This is a local post your ride thread, and most people are aware of or have seen the 370z running around town... and most people here are probably aware of the single turbo build in the progress... and he was proud to show a glimpse of it in a nice shop where the work is being done--in the appropriate thread. It wasn't a photoshoot in the shop. Someone in the Z community likely just stopped by the shop in Florida to show him where his Z was nested up comfortably between other builds, I assume, since he can't be there for the lengthy build.

As for building your own car, I also don't see an issue with paying an expert to do something properly instead of trying to do something half assed in your driveway. It's a brand new car, and it's sort of a big deal to wave goodbye to the warranty on a brand new car--so you're going to want it done correctly the first time.

I understand the concept of trolling new members. I really do. I've been here since '02, and I've seen the new wave of members get run off of the forum every year since then. With that said, I only support the trolling of the annual batch of retards and classified trolls that we get every year that can't read/write, or follow simple instructions. OMG can read and write in full sentences, in English, and can form complete thoughts. I'm not saying this because he's a friend of mine, but because I would sort of like to see this community grow instead of continuing on with the same reputation of being a close knit group of trolls. I can't tell you how many times I've asked enthusiasts (not specifically local, but VA residents) if they were on here, and almost every time they say they were for a few days but were run off.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:00 AM
Registered member

Default Post pics of your ride!

Well said buddy. It doesn't bother me when a couple people run their mouth it's gonna happen. A few of my friends are on here and for the most part everyone else seems alright.

People should learn if you don't know what you are talking about, it's best to just shut the fuck up.

As far as the meme I posted on facebook, it was just something I found very funny. It wasn't directed towards anyone, yet a couple people still managed to get butthurt over it.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:35 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by OMG Z34
Well said buddy. It doesn't bother me when a couple people run their mouth it's gonna happen. A few of my friends are on here and for the most part everyone else seems alright.

People should learn if you don't know what you are talking about, it's best to just shut the fuck up.

As far as the meme I posted on facebook, it was just something I found very funny. It wasn't directed towards anyone, yet a couple people still managed to get butthurt over it.
Pretty sure TAT is just fucking with you. When people react, they're playing right into it! lol.. That's the DragVA way.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Bewst!!!

4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED 4CED-FED

there are some serious fucktards on here.

Can't wait to see how the Z turns out Chad, its gonna be tits mcghee!
Old 10-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Registered Member

white-lightning has disabled reputation

Sound like a lot of work will be going in the turbo build. It will be cool to know your car will be the "first" to have a "turn key" kit. 500hp being conservative blows my mind as I am used to 110hp. lol It will be interesting to know how much the fuel efficiency will be affected.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Putting the finishinh touches on Jason's new car to get it ready for VIR in a couple weeks.C/F hardtop hopefully back from paint tomorrow,and it'll be completely done.Shitty pics are shitty.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

That thing is GORGEOUS!

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!