Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Post pics of your ride!

Old 05-12-2013, 05:22 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris
Default Re: Post pics of your ride!

Earon was supposed to get some action shots of the car with the new wheels last weekend....But they all sucked,so here's my story:
The weather was much cooler than the forecast called for,so I was unprepared clothing-wise.Jason called me on his way down to ask if I needed anything,and I told him to pick me up a stocking cap.He asked what exactly I wanted,I told him I didn't care.That was a mistake.

Drew loves watching all the cars.BTW-that's not how he's normally strapped in;that's just for riding around the paddock.

Loud Nascar is loud:

Old 05-13-2013, 04:23 AM
Registered Member

IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89 IonRedline89

Now that's a cool child seat.I can't wait to go to ViR never been to a real race track.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:44 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Hahahaha @ the hat! Suits you perfectly... I bet that was a conversation starter in the pit!

Did you hear VIR won a pretty prestigious award? Copying and pasting from their FB: "We just learned that VIR was awarded the National Speedway Directory Award for the Most Outstanding Track at the conclusion of the One Lap of America"

I'm going to try to go visit Laguna Seca when I'm in California in 10 days! Whoop whoop!
Old 05-13-2013, 01:11 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Hahahaha @ the hat! Suits you perfectly... I bet that was a conversation starter in the pit!

Did you hear VIR won a pretty prestigious award? Copying and pasting from their FB: "We just learned that VIR was awarded the National Speedway Directory Award for the Most Outstanding Track at the conclusion of the One Lap of America"

I'm going to try to go visit Laguna Seca when I'm in California in 10 days! Whoop whoop!
Yeah,I read about that on their FB page.It's hands down the nicest track I've been to,so I can see why they won the award.
I'm so jealous that you're going to Laguna Seca!I was watching the ALMS race yesterday and thinking about how I want to do a track day there.I have a friend who a few years ago lined up a series of events at various tracks all the way across the country and took about two and a half weeks to work his way around to them.I'd love to maybe do a normal vacation/touristy kind of thing in California,and work it around an event there.It's just the drive both ways across the country towing the car that makes me want punch babies.
What are you doing out there?
Old 05-13-2013, 05:24 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by TNGChris
Yeah,I read about that on their FB page.It's hands down the nicest track I've been to,so I can see why they won the award.
I'm so jealous that you're going to Laguna Seca!I was watching the ALMS race yesterday and thinking about how I want to do a track day there.I have a friend who a few years ago lined up a series of events at various tracks all the way across the country and took about two and a half weeks to work his way around to them.I'd love to maybe do a normal vacation/touristy kind of thing in California,and work it around an event there.It's just the drive both ways across the country towing the car that makes me want punch babies.
What are you doing out there?
I'm going to California Roots reggae and art festival in Monterey. Really excited about it! Going to be staying in Monterey for the festival and then heading back up to San Francisco the day before we fly back! I copped a free festival ticket and free airfare! Did I already mention that I'm really excited? Haha

Not to be corny, but you only live once brotha! We don't have expiration dates. If you get the opportunity to do it, even if you have to drive both ways, do it and never look back! You may never have a second chance to do it
Old 05-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Registered member

I'm going to California Roots reggae and art festival in Monterey. Really excited about it! Going to be staying in Monterey for the festival and then heading back up to San Francisco the day before we fly back! I copped a free festival ticket and free airfare! Did I already mention that I'm really excited? Haha

Not to be corny, but you only live once brotha! We don't have expiration dates. If you get the opportunity to do it, even if you have to drive both ways, do it and never look back! You may never have a second chance to do it
Man,that's kickass!Great opportunity with little out of pocket expense.

We're definitely going to visit California soon.We've got several friends that live there that we've wanted to see for some time.I just don't don't know about taking the car that far.I'd love to either drive something more comfortable/efficient like Earon's car or just fly there,so I don't have all the worry of the truck/trailer.I need to look at either a rental track car,or tracking a rental car
We're still up in the air about the F1 race in Austin in November,so that'll affect when we go to California.

I absolutely unserstand what you're saying though.I try to be responsible and save some money,but I just love to travel and experience as many different things as I can.I may be hating it if/when I retire,but it's fun now!
Old 05-13-2013, 06:11 PM
wub wub wub wub

It's definitely still not going to be cheap. Hotels are significantly more expensive in Monterey than they would be in, say, Myrtle Beach... and I'm renting a car for a week, but still, totally worth it!

When you mentioned tracking a rental car, I almost lost it. All I could think of was Days Of Thunder and then on their way to dinner running eachother off the road in their rental cars. Good shit! I'm sure somewhere like Laguna Seca, there's someone in that area that would rent a cool track car. I've always wanted to do California Superbike School with Keith Code :-o I'm sure there are a lot of west coast organizations that provide the cars in similar ways to how CSS provides their motorcycles. I don't think I'd want to drive out there in a truck, especially towing a trailer. That would cost a fortune, and it would take forever, but I've always wanted to do a cross country trip just doing whatever I wanted with no agenda. Like I said before, it's sensible to worry about retirement and making sure you're able to live the good life after retiring, but you should balance that sensible side with remembering that you may unfortunately not make it to see the day of retirement. It's sad, and kind of morbid, but I don't think anyone wants to play it safe forever and end up an old man one day looking back and wishing you'd done this and that. That goes without saying how many people put things off until "tomorrow" and never see the day, for whatever reason. Experience everything you can without totally blowing the future. You can have your cake and eat it too!
Old 05-13-2013, 06:16 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

You could always ship the car....though that costs a grip too!
Old 05-13-2013, 06:38 PM
Registered member

It's definitely still not going to be cheap. Hotels are significantly more expensive in Monterey than they would be in, say, Myrtle Beach... and I'm renting a car for a week, but still, totally worth it!

When you mentioned tracking a rental car, I almost lost it. All I could think of was Days Of Thunder and then on their way to dinner running eachother off the road in their rental cars. Good shit! I'm sure somewhere like Laguna Seca, there's someone in that area that would rent a cool track car. I've always wanted to do California Superbike School with Keith Code :-o I'm sure there are a lot of west coast organizations that provide the cars in similar ways to how CSS provides their motorcycles. I don't think I'd want to drive out there in a truck, especially towing a trailer. That would cost a fortune, and it would take forever, but I've always wanted to do a cross country trip just doing whatever I wanted with no agenda. Like I said before, it's sensible to worry about retirement and making sure you're able to live the good life after retiring, but you should balance that sensible side with remembering that you may unfortunately not make it to see the day of retirement. It's sad, and kind of morbid, but I don't think anyone wants to play it safe forever and end up an old man one day looking back and wishing you'd done this and that. That goes without saying how many people put things off until "tomorrow" and never see the day, for whatever reason. Experience everything you can without totally blowing the future. You can have your cake and eat it too!
There are track car rental services at many tracks,but I've never looked into the costs.Basically,they're relatively slow cars with full safety equipment-Something that's easy to get into and get up to speed quickly.The gas savings versus towing cross-country would probably more than offset the cost.....
Now,I have seen plenty of rental cars-as in Hertz,etc-on track!I've seen several people have issues with their track car and instead of giving up their entry fee,they'll rent a V6 Mustang or something similar.Last weekend there was a guy in the standard gray rental Malibu.I never talked to him about it,but it had to be a rental,and he was driving the shit out of it!Only issue is I thought most rental companies now installed GPS based tracking devices to monitor the use of the vehicles.Obviously,it would freak out in this situation,so maybe this isn't the case.

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
You could always ship the car....though that costs a grip too!
That's what Don did when his car was in SEMA and he did the FF Shootout at Buttonwillow in the same week.I think he had a little help from sponsors with the transport costs,but if you compare the gas costs of towing to NV/CA and back versus a cheap flight to Vegas and shipping the car,it might even be cheaper.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:17 PM

slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion slomotion

Quick Reply: Post pics of your ride!