Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Prayers for Mikey please

Old 05-22-2006 | 07:12 AM
Registered Member

boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge
Default Prayers for Mikey please

As most of you don't know, one of our team members (Mikey obviously) wrecked his dad's race car Sunday afternoon at New London. He walked away pretty much unharmed, but I have a feeling he's going to be VERY VERY VERY sore today.

Basically what happened, was the track was real slick at the finish line and just past it. The throttle cable got stuck at WOT and he hit every switch in the car, but it wouldn't shut off. He lost control, shot across the left lane (he was in the right), almost clipped the left car, hit the grass, rolled/flipped it ~5 times, clipped a plane's wing (wing was about 7-8' off the ground) and came to a stop about 2 inches from another plane. The fuel cell was thrown about 20-30ft. from the car, but we never found it. The car his wish such force that it sheared the carb right off the intake manifold. He got out of the car before anyone got down there on his own power. The 2 thigns that saved his life are the roll cage his dad built (after seeing it STILL intact, I want him to build mine) and his helmet.

Mikey ended up going to the hospital just to get checked out and the official OK. The car is complete toast for the most part. We have video of the entire thing and pics/video of the aftermath, but I don't know when those will be posted (Chris, get with me and I have the software to upload it and edit it as need be).

Please keep Mikey and his family in your prayers/thanksgiving for the soreness to not be too much and for peace.
Old 05-22-2006 | 07:29 AM
Famous...

rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Prayers for Mikey please

Wow, that sucks. I am glad he is ok, I know that kind of thing sucks bad and he could have been seriously hurt. You got the whole thing on tape? You need to show that. I bet that shit it crazy.
Old 05-22-2006 | 07:31 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I can host the video. I've got 5gb of web space.

Glad he made it out okay. I don't know who he is, but I don't wish that on anyone... Anyone!!!
Old 05-22-2006 | 08:29 AM
Representin TeamDOHC

SickEJ1 has disabled reputation

this is how i find out,on a drag thread.. damn , i am very glad that he got out of the car on his own...I bet that was some scary shyt!!
Old 05-22-2006 | 08:56 AM
Registered Member

boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge

He said the only thing he thought about while it was rolling was "Please God, don't take me now, I have 2 kids at home."

Delano - Chris has the video so I need to get it from him to upload it and edit it.
Old 05-22-2006 | 09:06 AM
Representin TeamDOHC

SickEJ1 has disabled reputation

i just got off the phone w/ mikey, yeah he's shook as expected to be, he thinks he may have broken his hand from holding the steering wheel so tightly....the man upstairs was really lookin out for mikey...he just put that 4 point cage in this race season....talk about close calls...
Old 05-22-2006 | 09:23 AM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

I hope he feels much better, It was horrible to see the car in such shape. I can only imagine whats is going through his mind about the whole mess. I was very happy to hear he was released from the hospital so quickly with only a tetanus shot. The cage definatly saved him from any serious injury, and possibly his life. The cage was really well built, I don't even think any of the welds cracked, from what I could see.

Originally Posted by boostedvenge
Basically what happened, was the track was real slick at the finish line and just past it.
Why do you say that? Any road becomes real slick when the brakes lock up at 100+mph.

Hope he feels better.
Old 05-22-2006 | 09:33 AM
Registered Member

Many other people were saying the track was VERY slick towards the end, even before the finish line.
Old 05-22-2006 | 09:39 AM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by boostedvenge
Many other people were saying the track was VERY slick towards the end, even before the finish line.
Well I can't say for sure, I didn't make a pass all day. I was just saying that, the track wasn't the cause of the accident. Apparently his brakes locked up unevenly in the front. The left wheel locked up hard, while the right was barely locked at all, pulling his car to the left, and off course.
Old 05-22-2006 | 09:42 AM
Registered Member

That's part of the problem. There's a LOT of factors that we're dealing with, the track being slick is just one of them. The throttle sticking, brakes not grabbing in sync, etc etc etc. There's a lot that went on, but all I know is Mikey did the best damn job he could at the time and he's still with us to tell about it.

Quick Reply: Prayers for Mikey please