Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Pulleys and belts?

Old 12-05-2004, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
elementalwindx has disabled reputation
Default Pulleys and belts?

Can someone tell me all the belts and pulleys (kits) I should get?
My water pump blew while I'm in Raleigh and now I have to get my car towed back to Wilmington. *sigh*

So since my belts have been squeaking and I have no clue how many miles are on them (at least 25k) and one of my pulleys looks warped, I figured I'll splurg a good 600-700$ and buy a pulley set, and all the belts I can to replace them all, and the water pump.

I'm getting the machv power kevlar timing and balance shaft belts, and the machv 3 piece pulley kit. I want to know if it would be worth it to spend that extra 300$ to get the bushure pulley and dampener w/ belts. I know if I replaced the underdrive pulley I WILL need a dampener. Thanks guys
Old 12-05-2004, 10:54 AM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pulleys and belts?

300.00 for A pulley?

I would just replace what is needed to oem and spend the 400-500 dollars you'll save and buy a wideband or cams . You will see much more gains w/cams vs pulleys.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Spooln4
300.00 for A pulley?

I would just replace what is needed to oem and spend the 400-500 dollars you'll save and buy a wideband or cams . You will see much more gains w/cams vs pulleys.
k thnx for that bit of advice
Old 12-05-2004, 12:05 PM
<3FreshieFresh<3

ZeRo_C0oL is an unknown quantity at this point

300.00 for A pulley?

This is definitely a guy to be taking advice from! Slow ass Talon.. Ha..ha..ha..

ha.
Old 12-05-2004, 01:48 PM
beep beep

Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie

But a VERY SEXY talon :-D
Old 12-05-2004, 02:52 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

$700 on pullies? it doesnt even cost me that to switch my supercharger and the other pullies to a complete Cog system
Old 12-05-2004, 03:43 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

the only thing you need to replace on a DSM is the damn crank pulley. keep the other shit stock. you will have less troubles.

i crack up when people buy the kevlar belts. every one i have installed is identical to a stock belt, other then the color.

i have NEVER seen a belt break on an engine that was replaced when it was supposed to. 60k change it as insurance. its cheap. heads are not.

and get a NEW water pump, not a reman. the cost is about four dollars more, and it is much less likely to go out on you afterwards.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by fc735
the only thing you need to replace on a DSM is the damn crank pulley. keep the other shit stock. you will have less troubles.
Why do you say that about the pulleys?
Old 12-05-2004, 06:48 PM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

I think what he means is that the oem pulleys are more than enough. Sure they are lighter but I feel that they are a waste of money. Hell, pulling your balance shafts would probably add more power vs pulley's, and the bal. shaft eliminator kit is 42.00. Although it requires much more work than pulley's lol.

I was just using cams as an example to where your money could be spent. I don't think cams would benefit your setup to much right now, but fuel/fmic/or full exhaust would.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:21 PM

I think what he means is that the oem pulleys are more than enough. Sure they are lighter but I feel that they are a waste of money. Hell, pulling your balance shafts would probably add more power vs pulley's, and the bal. shaft eliminator kit is 42.00. Although it requires much more work than pulley's lol.

I was just using cams as an example to where your money could be spent. I don't think cams would benefit your setup to much right now, but fuel/fmic/or full exhaust would.

yea well why not especially when I gotta take that crap off anyways. hince i said above one of them is warped..

Quick Reply: Pulleys and belts?