Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Pulleys and belts?

Old 12-06-2004, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
elementalwindx has disabled reputation
Default Re: Pulleys and belts?

Originally Posted by fc735
crank seal from NAPA is 4.35, water pump is the same (GMB is what mitsu uses as OE, at least from what i have noticed. GMB is the maker of most OE water pumps for asian imports)

the belts (gates, from NAPA) are about 9 bucks for the alt/wp belt, 7.95 for the PS belt, and 14 bucks for the AC belt. timing belt is about 45 bucks, and the tensioner is 64.

all in stock at your local NAPA store.

and all basically OE parts (the tensioner is Beck Arnely, maker of OE parts, for you ultra OE whores.)

the crank pulley is in stock at duncan mitsu for the same price as you listed. (they usually have three last i called)

if you want a little better price...gimme a PM and i will try to see if i can do better (as in jobber cost)
if only we had a NAPA NC Sucks sometimes lol

I will need to buy a few more misc seals and probably those tools you mentioned. I'm kinda getting scared at the thought of doing this balance shaft elim. kit myself.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:18 PM
'bout time

VTFORDLADY is an unknown quantity at this point

NAPA > Autozone & Advance
Old 12-06-2004, 05:23 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

NAPA belts are Gates. most Autozone belts are dayco, or some offbrand, depending on the place. Advanced sells dayco (last i remember)

i have had the best luck with Gates, myself. of course, i do get some cool free shit from my supplier, a new timing belt book every year, some jackets, tshirts, merchandisers, and the occasional DeWalt drill set it does come in handy selling an assload of their stuff

but, i only sell it cause its stuff i use, and i dont install crap.

i trust my reputation to their parts, if that means anything. and those that know me know i treasure my reputation more then most anything.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:12 PM

Ok I've gotten everything from AdvanceAuto and San Rafiel Mitsu, but not crap from MachV, its been a week and they said it would have been here last Wed. I don't think I'll ever order from these guys again.

Anyone here know why my stock oem underdrive pulley did not come with a dampener? Also if anyone thinks its safe or not to reuse the one that is already on my car? I'm not going to wait a week just to get a stupid dampener in the mail.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:44 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

NAPA has the dampner in stock......as does duncan mitsu.

i was not aware that OEM made an underdrive pulley
Old 12-14-2004, 03:51 AM

NAPA has the dampner in stock......as does duncan mitsu.

i was not aware that OEM made an underdrive pulley
Ok I have GOT to be calling this part the wrong thing. I got it from the Mitsu dealer in Cali and I've been calling it the underdrive pulley. Or crank pulley I suppose. It's this huge pulley that has enuf ribs on it to hold 2 belts. Your the third person to tell me they didnt know OEM made an underdrive pulley. Wtf is the correct term for this darn part.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:09 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by elementalwindx
Ok I have GOT to be calling this part the wrong thing. I got it from the Mitsu dealer in Cali and I've been calling it the underdrive pulley. Or crank pulley I suppose. It's this huge pulley that has enuf ribs on it to hold 2 belts. Your the third person to tell me they didnt know OEM made an underdrive pulley. Wtf is the correct term for this darn part.
It's the crankshaft pulley/harmonic dampener.
http://www.diamondstarmotorsport.com/maintparts.shtml - scroll 3/4 the way down.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:55 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

btw....MachV reams you in the ass.
Amen to that!
Old 12-14-2004, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Cosmo
Amen to that!
I agree. I just got off the phone with "Vinny" from MachV, and he told me they waited till the 10th (Friday) to ship it, when I ordered it Monday, they told me they had it in stock, and it would be at my house by the 8th (Wednesday). The money was taken from my account on the 7th (Tuesday), and it wont get here till later today. That pisses me off, cause now I will have to find someone willing to give me a ride back to my house since after mid-today I will be carless, and my car will be worked on at my gf's house.

I hope the package gets there before 9pm this time. The package from San Rafiel was sent thru UPS like this one and it got to my house at 9:53pm last night. *sigh* bad day, bad day.

I was going to order those pulleys but f*k that, I dont want to deal with people who say one thing and do another. Why is it everytime I deal with performance shops, I always have some sort of a bad experience ok now I'm just bitchin *shuts up*
Old 12-14-2004, 08:18 AM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Your OEM pulley did come with a dampener, its the rubber ring that sits between the "two" pieces of pulley.

Quick Reply: Pulleys and belts?