Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Race of tha slowz (E55 vs C4S vid)

Old 02-02-2009, 01:33 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Race of tha slowz (E55 vs C4S vid)

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
Yeah it was funny as hell looking. The rear wheels looked like this: /---\ from behind, he has to be replacing those tires on a weekly basis i'd bet. Most hideous looking thing ever; tons of gauges inside, green, blue, etc. Terrible.
Pretty sure that's Wally's old car, and I think it's still bagged...

You youngsters wouldn't know who that is, would ya? Ever heard of Diversified Ridez or TNG for that matter? Not asking you, Chris.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla

You youngsters wouldn't know who that is, would ya? Ever heard of Diversified Ridez or TNG for that matter? Not asking you, Chris.
Wasn't that a group of ricers from back in the day that still tries to lay their claim to fame of starting the scene?
Old 02-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

Team next generation? Ya those guys tried to start an awesome group years back, and they're still doing the same old ricer stuff to this day. kidz these days...
Old 02-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
Wasn't that a group of ricers from back in the day that still tries to lay their claim to fame of starting the scene?
i hear they're some badass ******s.
Chris
Old 02-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Registered Member

pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z

I remember that guy and car. Bringing back old memories! What was the name of that shop at the bottom of Bent Mountain? It was where that produce place is now, I think.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by TNGChris
i hear they're some badass ******s.
Chris
Yeah, so I hear!

Great news, I got the first round of the TephraPatch on my ecu, I can has alternate maps, NLTS, all kinds of fun toys now!
Old 02-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

\

Great news, I got the first round of the TephraPatch on my ecu, I can has alternate maps, NLTS, all kinds of fun toys now!
what is this language you speak?!
Chris
Old 02-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Go Team Marlboro

Originally Posted by TNGChris
what is this language you speak?!
Chris

Tuning the stock ecu in the Evo's are pie. Its actually quite fun to play with. There are so many things out, you can easily disable all kinds of random things like CEL codes, sensors, evap, immobilizer..etc...

You can also add stuff, like secondary maps. I could run a pump and a race map on the ecu, and use the factory intercooler sprayer switch to toggle between the two, and it can control boost with a 25 dollar solenoid too. So you run out your pump, pour in the race/e85/meth whatever, and hit the switch and go.

Kinda like the AEM you can do that easily with them as well, but this is factory, and drives like factory!
Old 02-02-2009, 05:28 PM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

Tuning the stock ecu in the Evo's are pie. Its actually quite fun to play with. There are so many things out, you can easily disable all kinds of random things like CEL codes, sensors, evap, immobilizer..etc...

You can also add stuff, like secondary maps. I could run a pump and a race map on the ecu, and use the factory intercooler sprayer switch to toggle between the two, and it can control boost with a 25 dollar solenoid too. So you run out your pump, pour in the race/e85/meth whatever, and hit the switch and go.

Kinda like the AEM you can do that easily with them as well, but this is factory, and drives like factory!
That's very similar to the features offered on link only alot more user friendly than AEM as far as jumping into it is concerned. Are they free software or do you have to chip the stock ecu to have that control?
Old 02-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Go Team Marlboro

Originally Posted by Spooln4
That's very similar to the features offered on link only alot more user friendly than AEM as far as jumping into it is concerned. Are they free software or do you have to chip the stock ecu to have that control?
Yeah, alot of the Diassem is being done by guys involved with Link and the like...

The software is free to download, the cable to be able to read and write is about 60-85 dollars.