Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Racing rice on 221 last week with the dually.anyone here?

Old 11-19-2004, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
myclone2 has disabled reputation
Default Racing rice on 221 last week with the dually.anyone here?

So what happened when you tried passing me on Bent Mtn after flying up on my hind end when I pulled out? Wing slow you down? Clear tails not areodynamic? Lack of a front bumper cover causing too much wind resistance? FYI, under the bed cover of the 6200lb dually (see sig) you couldnt get around were the following:

2 8.5" rear diffs (~170lbs each)
3 12v hydraulic pump units (~80lbs each)
2 ford power stroke ICs (~15lbs each)
2 small block chevy engines (~700lbs each)

Plus in the cab were:
1 240lb passenger (horrified)
1 280lb driver (laughing his @ss off)

BTW, stock PCM has me limited to 105mph so I figured you would pull on me when you tried the rice move of dropping back ~100yards and getting a run at me. It must suck to get torched by one ill handling, 6 thousand pound, no wing having domestic. Be glad you didnt tangle with my little truck....be very glad.

Last edited by myclone2; 11-19-2004 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-20-2004, 12:44 AM
'bout time

VTFORDLADY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Racing rice on 221 last week with the dually.anyone here?

Hmm...this has me wondering...
Old 11-20-2004, 01:43 AM
Registered Member

myclone has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by VTFORDLADY
Hmm...this has me wondering...
Dunno what kind of car it was right off but an educated guess is a mid 90s mitsu of some type, burgandy, minus front bumber cover, silver/alum picnic table wing, unpainted ground affects, typical ~5" exhaust, front plate on the dash, and prolly neon (Im guessing on the neon but it was day time so I cant substantiate that).

Looked like a couple of high school kids driving to me so I dont think it was you unless I missed the female sitting in the back due to the wing blocking my view through the rear window (yeah, I let em pass when I got tired of wasting gas and terrifying my bud in the passenger seat).

Funniest part is after 3 or 4 attempts to pass me unsuccessfully I let them go only to watch them turn off 1/4mi down the road into a driveway.

Last edited by myclone; 11-20-2004 at 01:47 AM.
Old 11-20-2004, 03:18 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

did it have some decals on the back? cause that is a to a T description of a moron in Floyd with an 03 eclipse, no front bumper, unpainted body kit, ricer wing, etc.

2.4 with NAAAAWZ.

for a minute there, i thought you were one of the trucks i passed going up the mountain thursday night when i was coming home from my ASE recert tests. i think a few people (namely the camaro that i passed like it was sitting still) were confused to see a metro go by them UP the mountain hauling ass.

on a sidenote, i was on 581 coming back when this "95 SER" (i guess he felt the need to put that on his tag to let me know it wasnt just a shitty sentra with a body kit, but an SE-R with a body kit ) had the shitty non adjusted illegal blue headlights, a monster glow in the dark tach, and the requisite fart cannon did a rice by to me. i am in a fucking metro. the fuck does that prove? that car has twice (literally, 1.0 vs a 2.0) the engine mine does.

but that eclipse, did it have the rear bumper kinda niggardly molded to the body, with some bondo slathered on it like a butter biscuit?
Old 11-20-2004, 05:58 AM

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

lol you guys crack me up. I wonder if the people that post in this forum own some of the fastest cars in Roanoke/Western Area. Import wise I mean.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:15 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

i have a slow ass metro, a slower four banger auto mustang, an altima (well...its mine, but its the womans beater ) and a couple of cars that are in pieces.

i dont personally own a fast car (that runs) but i have built a few not to mention the ones that are in progress.
Old 11-20-2004, 09:30 AM

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by fc735
i have a slow ass metro, a slower four banger auto mustang, an altima (well...its mine, but its the womans beater ) and a couple of cars that are in pieces.

i dont personally own a fast car (that runs) but i have built a few not to mention the ones that are in progress.
Hey at least you have a place to work on your cars, AND more than 1 car, and your life is settled down w/ a woman and steady job. My car breaks down, I am SOL Not to mention my business isn't steady income, and I have no other side job to keep steady pay comin, and I dont have the luxery of parents that would loan me $$ to fix what I break. I'm a poor boy who never got spoiled, so my project is gonna take years lol.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:25 AM
Registered Member

Turblowedneon is on a distinguished road

YEP next thing you know there will be dually autocrossing!
Old 11-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Registered Member

myclone has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Turblowedneon
YEP next thing you know there will be dually autocrossing!
Im game...if there is a ~40 acre parking lot local to set up the course at

fc735,

I couldnt tell you if it had stickers on the rear window since the wing pretty well blocked any view in or out of the back window. Coulda been an 03 as Im not really an import type guy (suprise) and dont keep up with what years most cars are. Dont get me wrong though I appreciate a nicely done up car no matter the make (especially if its fast) but I pretty well ignore "rice" wanna be's which that car was IMO.
Old 11-20-2004, 12:21 PM
The Pro to call.

yeah, i dont knock a car for its brand (well......i will admit i hate when someone drives a honda and thinks its a racecar.... ) i have worked on enough cars to know all of them are shitcans (well....except for metro's, they are > all other cars ) it would be a safe bet that this was a dumbass from Floyd. sounds way to familiar. kid thought he could beat my car cause he had nawz. i never raced him, but he was talking shit, and i was riding around trying to find his ass so i could race on the closed circuit racetrack we have and spank that ass. an NA 2.4 with a 50 shot vs 275hp.....hmmm

was the car red? and had the clear taillight look? (they are stock, for some reason mitsu thought it was a good idea to do them like that )

there are a few nicely done cars around here. i will admit that, i show respect to most everyone when i meet them (until i am proven they are a complete ricer, then i let them have it ) i havent had time to go to freddies but once this year, but the last several years i was very glad that i was not considered one of the stupid ricers just cause i drove an import. of course, i was not standing at my car the whole time, i park and walk around to see what everyone else had done. when the guy in the creme 66 chevelle with the blown 454 was asking me about my car....i loved it.

Quick Reply: Racing rice on 221 last week with the dually.anyone here?