Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

radford and their new president

Old 08-26-2005, 01:16 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these parts
Default radford and their new president

=no more party school.
for the most part.

i go to v tech and visited my gf at radford tonight (thursday, which is party night).

it was dead.

discuss.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:14 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: radford and their new president

less airborn diseases?
Old 08-26-2005, 06:22 AM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

i don't get it...

why would the induction of a new president have any effect on college kids setting up parties in their own apts?
Old 08-26-2005, 06:38 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Hmm... one slow night and all of a sudden the entire school is now dead? Gotcha...

to under-age drinking!!!
Old 08-26-2005, 09:20 AM
RAWR!%!#%!#

bensrex is an unknown quantity at this point

This is the reason. Although, the parties are not gone. They are just more quiet.

The President of Radford University has come up with a spanking new rule. If you are at a party where money is involved - all owners/leasees of that establishment that host the party, will be expelled from Radford University. This includes donations.

So basically, this lady thinks that by making all Radford parties free, it will stop all of us from partying. Haha.

By the way, the kegerator is great. The Keystone light on tap is amazing. We've gotten a lot of use out of it.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:37 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I don't see how free partying is going to be quiet.. Seems like all the parties would be loud, crazy, and PACKED more so than anything else.

I don't see how they have any control over this. Should be similar to separation of church and state, only with school and partying. Is this rule for the campus, or even outside of the campus/dorms? If you have your own apartment, that you work--and pay for, and get caught having a party at a rate of $5 a head.... and you get caught.. you're outta there? That's stupid. I don't go to parties, nor do I go to Radford, so it doesn't effect me.. but I think that's a stupid idea. Making parties free is just going to get more out of control in my opinion.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:40 AM
RAWR!%!#%!#

It's more quiet, because it's a lot more risk to throw a party now. Noise attracts attention. We just don't play the radio at parties now. We don't have a problem keep everyone occupied and having fun. But now that you could possibly be expelled for charging people to come to a party - if you want to make some of your money back you spent... you'll charge them and then just be more quiet. But you are right in a sense, there have been quite a few crazy parties in the past couple of days. Just two days ago someone had a bonfire outside my apt building.

The new rule is just more annoying than anything else.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:42 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

What the fuck? You have to pay to go to parties now?
Old 08-26-2005, 10:56 AM
RAWR!%!#%!#

On average, it's $3 to get into a party here at Radford. Like $3 for a plastic cup so you can drink from the keg.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:20 AM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm also going to Radford, and things haven't changed , just free beer now.

Quick Reply: radford and their new president