Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

ran a new personal best last night

Old 08-12-2005, 08:10 AM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: ran a new personal best last night

Originally Posted by marshall
I've gotten a few 1.6 60ft's at NB on street tires, don't blame the track.
I'd hate to see what you run on slicks on what most people would consider a more prepared race track. Are you on stock axles?
Old 08-12-2005, 08:38 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
myclone has disabled reputation
Default Re: ran a new personal best last night

Originally Posted by marshall
I've gotten a few 1.6 60ft's at NB on street tires, don't blame the track.
Why not when I can make a pass at NB and pull 1.9-2.0x 60fts, load up and be at rockingham, bristol, mooresville, shadyside, or farmington the very next week with the EXACT same set up and pull high 1.6X's-1.70 60fts all day long. Same or similar weather, relative humidity, temps, ect.

"A few 1.6 60fts" does not equal consistant 60fts. Were you deep staging on those passes or shallow staging? Were you staging in the same spot each time? It makes a difference.

Im not trying to come off as flaming you as I kinda like NB for a place to go test n tune or just have some fun as well as the fact its not that far of a drive. What I was saying is that if youre after a personal best type goal then NB isnt the most optimum place to do it. Especially when the dirt track gets going and that nice layer of dust floats up and settles on the drag strip as you can watch practically everyones 60ft times start going in the crapper.
Thats NOT what you want if youre trying to bracket race/go rounds or achieve a specific 60ft goal (or any et goal for that matter).