Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Restaurants in Roanoke

Old 11-21-2006, 02:42 PM
Famous...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation
Default Restaurants in Roanoke

Where is a really nice place to take a date in Roanoke? I'm talking a quiet, baller place. Like really nice.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:25 PM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Restaurants in Roanoke

Chuck E. Cheese is among the favorites.

Depending on the atmosphere you could also give the library or kabuki a try. Kabuki may be a bit more entertaining then you are longing for though.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:34 PM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

If you're looking for baller place, then try the Library. You'll need to dress up like hell just to get in the door, and there are no prices on the menu, but its pretty baller.

A more fun place to go is the fork in the alley, they have pretty awesome pizza and a more college type atmosphere.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:01 PM
Slowbra Driver

D1g1tal V3n0m is an unknown quantity at this point

I second Fork in the Alley. Tis' the shit.

The Library is alright but I have much better. There really isn't a 100% true "baller" place around here.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:15 PM
Famous...

rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation

It doesn't have to be REAL baller. Just really nice. So we have the Library... Anywhere else? I have been to Kabuki's and Montanos... Both nice but not what I am looking for. Someone mentioned Carlos'?
Old 11-21-2006, 06:31 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by 16g-95gsx
If you're looking for baller place, then try the Library. You'll need to dress up like hell just to get in the door, and there are no prices on the menu, but its pretty baller.

A more fun place to go is the fork in the alley, they have pretty awesome pizza and a more college type atmosphere.

You bastard. I was going to suggest that!

I ate there last week. Or maybe it was the week before..
Old 11-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

419 West?really nice,but not too pricey or stiff....seems to be what you're looking for.
Chris
Old 11-21-2006, 06:36 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I used to really enjoy the Ye Ole English Inn but they have closed down and sold..... Miss that place! Always extremely quiet, dim, and relatively low key. Great steaks, and relatively well priced in terms of "expensive restaurants."

The Library was pretty cool....

Frankie Rowlands downtown.. Good food! Four Nineteen West on Franklin.. So so, but I like the atmosphere. Uhh.. Hotel Roanoke, but I'm not really a fan..

You also have Metro downtown. I've never ate there, but I heard it was pretty cool.

........ummm...............................

Carlos...

I'll keep updating when I think of more places.

OOH, by the way... the new Mexican restaurant at the mall looks SICK! I can't wait to check the inside of that place out! Seriously. What a sick looking place. Looks like a nice club or something from the outside! haha
Old 11-21-2006, 07:23 PM
Slowbra Driver

D1g1tal V3n0m is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work

OOH, by the way... the new Mexican restaurant at the mall looks SICK! I can't wait to check the inside of that place out! Seriously. What a sick looking place. Looks like a nice club or something from the outside! haha
Abuelos or however it is spelled at the mall is alright for mexican food. It's a nice place on the inside but the food is alright. Not great and not bad. I went there yesterday and was not that impressed with the food. The inside is pretty cool though. Not first date material though in my book.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:25 PM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by D1g1tal V3n0m
Abuelos or however it is spelled at the mall is alright for mexican food. It's a nice place on the inside but the food is alright. Not great and not bad. I went there yesterday and was not that impressed with the food. The inside is pretty cool though. Not first date material though in my book.
I thought it was supposed to be classy Mexican? Heh.... Nevermind. I just thought about what I said.

I hadn't heard anything about it other than the fact that it was supposed to be nice, but haven't heard anything since they opened. What did you get, if you don't mind my asking sweet cheeks?

What else are they opening over there? Lots of new buildings from the looks of it.

Quick Reply: Restaurants in Roanoke