Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Restaurants in Roanoke

Old 11-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Default Re: Restaurants in Roanoke

I've been to 419 west and Carlos, both on yearly anniversaries, and it's a tough pick between the two really, but I say Carlos..

Really nice imo. Go for it!
Old 11-24-2006, 12:01 PM
Registered Member

Turblowedneon is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rotorsownyou7
Where is a really nice place to take a date in Roanoke? I'm talking a quiet, baller place. Like really nice.
You gonna keep this chick dex or you gonna be with her for a month and then part her out on drag va?
Old 11-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Famous...

rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation

Anything is for sale for the right price.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:07 PM
It tilts

AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by D1g1tal V3n0m
Abuelos or however it is spelled at the mall is alright for mexican food. It's a nice place on the inside but the food is alright. Not great and not bad. I went there yesterday and was not that impressed with the food. The inside is pretty cool though. Not first date material though in my book.
I like there bar...thats just about it
Old 11-24-2006, 06:41 PM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Turblowedneon
You gonna keep this chick dex or you gonna be with her for a month and then part her out on drag va?
LMFAO!!! That was funny.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Registered Member

flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low flyn2low

Originally Posted by rotorsownyou7
Where is a really nice place to take a date in Roanoke? I'm talking a quiet, baller place. Like really nice.
i guess it all depends on what kind of food u want to eat.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:11 PM
Registered Member

myclone has disabled reputation

Coach n four(sp?) on williamson a block or so from happys. Seems like a nice place (the Mrs likes it...thats all that matters) and its not too awfully expensive.

Kabukis is nice but damn...they'll put a dent in the ol wallet if you order mixed drinks. Least it was that way last time I went...good food though.

Thats about all I know about since Im not a high end eatery type guy. If I dont have to chase it down and kill it myself and the place is clean I'll break bread and call it good.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:17 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by D1g1tal V3n0m
Abuelos or however it is spelled at the mall is alright for mexican food. It's a nice place on the inside but the food is alright. Not great and not bad. I went there yesterday and was not that impressed with the food. The inside is pretty cool though. Not first date material though in my book.
I have to disagree here Brandon. Kim and I went there the other night and it was very good. Cheapest meal is like $10 so its not someplace I would go every week or whatever like you could El Rodeo, but its a whole different level/experience.

The food was very good, probaly the closest to real Mexican food that I have had compared a few places in Mexico that I have eaten at.

I had a chicken chimichanga or whatever you call it, it was very good.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:11 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by GaRn
I have to disagree here Brandon. Kim and I went there the other night and it was very good. Cheapest meal is like $10 so its not someplace I would go every week or whatever like you could El Rodeo, but its a whole different level/experience.

The food was very good, probaly the closest to real Mexican food that I have had compared a few places in Mexico that I have eaten at.

I had a chicken chimichanga or whatever you call it, it was very good.

Here's the most important thing:

do you get fucking chips and salsa there, or not? that's my deciding factor! lol

god, I miss Chi Chi's
Old 11-26-2006, 10:35 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Here's the most important thing:

do you get fucking chips and salsa there, or not? that's my deciding factor! lol

god, I miss Chi Chi's
Yes! lol, and they give you a small side of extra salsa thats pretty damn hot..

I tried the hotter stuff first and was like, hmmm this isn't so bad, a little more pepper taste.. 3 seconds later, it hits and I was like "AHHHHHHHHHHH" lol

Quick Reply: Restaurants in Roanoke