Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Road trip anyone?

Old 03-16-2006, 10:41 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge
Default Road trip anyone?

Ok, so straight line speed is fun, but corners are WAAY BETTER! Once I get my "new" car, who's up for a little run on The Dragon?

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/maps_dragon_road.html

11 miles, 318 corners. I'm soooo there! It's only about 4-5 hours from here (lynchburg) so a weekend trip of it works for me. Who's down sometime this summer?
Old 03-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Registered Member

SpoolnSRT4 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Road trip anyone?

Originally Posted by boostedvenge
Ok, so straight line speed is fun, but corners are WAAY BETTER! Once I get my "new" car, who's up for a little run on The Dragon?

11 miles, 318 corners. I'm soooo there! It's only about 4-5 hours from here (lynchburg) so a weekend trip of it works for me. Who's down sometime this summer?

Your gonna drive 4-5 hours just to drive on an 11 mile strech of road in tennessee.......BAN......... Why not just wait and go with us to VIR Dumbass you and your miata will have alot of fun there.....
Old 03-16-2006, 11:22 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I'd like to make a motion to keep cars off of the dragon altogether.. Two wheels or none at all.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:30 AM
89silude

94silude is an unknown quantity at this point

seems like that's quite a popular place. they are trying to plan a prelude meet there sometime in april.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:50 AM
Broke

QwkCoupe has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I'd like to make a motion to keep cars off of the dragon altogether.. Two wheels or none at all.
+1 That place is for bikes
Old 03-16-2006, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

TSIBrat has disabled reputation

Yeah it is pretty popular. We run it every year in the conquest during our July 4th meet in Pigeon Forge. And its always packed.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Registered Member

boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge

And you sir, have no balls then.

Cars run that "course" all the time, its' not just for bikes. Sure, enjoy your straight aways, but corners are where it's at. Why just for bikes? Don't think cars can have as much fun?

Originally Posted by SpoolnSRT4
Your gonna drive 4-5 hours just to drive on an 11 mile strech of road in tennessee.......BAN......... Why not just wait and go with us to VIR Dumbass you and your miata will have alot of fun there.....
Ok, that's fine, but VIR is a road course...it doesn't have 318 turns. And yes, 4-5 hours for that is worth it from what I'm told.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:41 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

And you sir, have no balls then.

Cars run that "course" all the time, its' not just for bikes. Sure, enjoy your straight aways, but corners are where it's at. Why just for bikes? Don't think cars can have as much fun?

Ok, that's fine, but VIR is a road course...it doesn't have 318 turns. And yes, 4-5 hours for that is worth it from what I'm told.
LOL! I have no balls?

Have you ever ridden? Or have you ever been to the dragon? You're right.. cars do it all the time, and the majority of the accidents are because of people exceeding their driving skill or cars ability in CARS, and the majority of the crap on the road causing the accidents on bikes is because of cars and trucks on the road.

That almost sounded like a call out to me or something. I love twists and turns, but the dragon is for bikes! Who said I prefer straight stretches? I don't. I'll gladly show you what twists and turns are all about in Roanoke, in my car, and you see if you can keep up okay?
Old 03-16-2006, 12:59 PM
Registered Member

All I'm saying is just cuz cars are the main accidents, doesn't mean it should be set just for bikes. Sure, some people don't know how to drive and exceed the limits of what they have. But at the same time, it's a famous stretch of road, that's great fun, and I'd like to be able to say I've driven it at least once. Sure, there's curvy roads out in roanoke and in Lynchburg, but what's wrong with a litle road trip?
Old 03-16-2006, 02:50 PM
Famous...

rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation

No, that would be gay. It is so fun in a car driving the gap. I have been and it is amazing. The bikes are crazy on that road, but cars can be just as crazy. It was funny because they have a tree at the beginning on the road, and there are bike parts hangin all over it where people have wrecked. It makes you think. A bike wrecked in front of my car group, went down the side of a hill and hit a tree. Its pretty crazy up there, and they aren't even that strict on speed. They just tell you that this is a public road and to be careful. It really sucks when you are trying to haul ass around the crazy ass curves, and a tractor trailer is driving in the road in front of you. To make it fun you have to stop and wait like 20 minutes.

It is pretty crazy too, a couple of the curves are so harsh we lost the back end trying to keep up with the people who had drove it before.

Quick Reply: Road trip anyone?