Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Road trip anyone?

Old 03-22-2006, 11:02 AM
Ahhhh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Single turb007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Road trip anyone?

.......It's beautiful. lol
Old 03-22-2006, 11:07 AM
That Guy

lanky189 has disabled reputation

i didn't say street car vs street bike...

take a C6r race car corvette, and a gsxr racing bike...the vetter will hang the turns tighter..i promise...the car has more contact patch touching the road..more power..and is less likely to spin coming off the turn thanks to the afore-mentioned contact patches and extra weight...

as to the biking comment...ah well...it's not gonna be closed to the public anytime soon...so as long as the bikes stay out of my way..and i stay out of theres....there will be no worries..
Old 03-22-2006, 11:25 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lanky189

take a C6r race car corvette, and a gsxr racing bike...the vetter will hang the turns tighter..i promise...the car has more contact patch touching the road..more power..and is less likely to spin coming off the turn thanks to the afore-mentioned contact patches and extra weight...

as to the biking comment...ah well...it's not gonna be closed to the public anytime soon...so as long as the bikes stay out of my way..and i stay out of theres....there will be no worries..
I still disagree, the contact patch really doesn't matter, and you can't compared a bike to a car in this sense anyways, same goes with power..

You have got me looking up track times for the latter now..
Old 03-22-2006, 11:47 AM
Registered member

User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020

if it were meant just for bikes..it wouldn't be public roads...besides..a properly built car can corner harder and faster than a properly built bike.
Talking about this road as a public road would imply you WERE talking about street car.

The things that give bikes the advantage would be extremely low weight, and the ability to lean.

Bikes are faster, SORRIEZ!!!1~!!1
Old 03-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

From this posting, http://news.motorcycle.com/article.motml?sid=2771

Originally Posted by mps165
To give you guys an idea of the difference in speed, Eric Bostrom had a pole time of 1:46.835 at Daytona this year. In happy hour this year at the Rolex 24 at Daytona, Tony Stewart ran a 1:49.422. To put it in another perspective, Marco Andretti ran a fastest lap of 2:11:542 at Daytona in a Skip Barber car (open wheel, wings, 150 HP, 1250 lbs fully fueled). Crappy (i.e. guys that are still way better than us) were running near 2:00.00 lap times at the Daytona 200 on superbike GSX-R1000s. And in the last perspective, the best SCCA raced prepared Mazda Miata (SSB class) at Daytona ran a 2:29.004. That is a huge difference to even the "shitty" superbike riders. Regardless of what is "faster" both cars and motorcycles are fun when driving at full speed. And believe me, a stock motorcycle goes through corners WAY faster than a stock car. There is one corner near where I live that my car (Camaro SS ~ .86 Gs on a skid pad) right before it starts to break away can manage maybe 102 mph. My bike, which I am not fully maxed out on, goes through the same corner over 130 mph. Mind you the bikes speedometer is off a good bit, but still. And this is a good comparison because I race cars and I know how to drive. Just thought I'd shoot my opinion.
Some good information, I think we can come to the conclusion that there is pretty much no race car other than serious open wheeled class cars that can take on GP bikes, both with the best of drivers/riders..
Old 03-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Come on now, everyone knows cars are faster than bikes around a road course. Surely everyone has seen the TopGear episode. Straightline, I'd give the nod to the bike unless the car was just crazy retarded.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:23 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by blah
Come on now, everyone knows cars are faster than bikes around a road course. Surely everyone has seen the TopGear episode. Straightline, I'd give the nod to the bike unless the car was just crazy retarded.
I have no clue what Top Gear episode you are talking about..
Old 03-26-2006, 07:25 AM
That Guy

ok so that fella said a stock car, a miata and a serverly underpowered open wheeler were slower than a bike...what about a real race car.. Corvette C5r, Porshe 911, etc... compare those lap times to those of the fastest bike class...you'll see what i mean.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:27 AM
That Guy

Originally Posted by IAmCman
Talking about this road as a public road would imply you WERE talking about street car.

touche.... didn't really think that statement through...nice catch.

I'll admit that street bike vs street car = bike ftw
Old 03-26-2006, 09:09 AM
Registered member

ok so that fella said a stock car, a miata and a serverly underpowered open wheeler were slower than a bike...what about a real race car.. Corvette C5r, Porshe 911, etc... compare those lap times to those of the fastest bike class...you'll see what i mean.
You do realize 150 hp in a 1250 lb car is not horribly underpowered right? It would be around the same acceration as a Z06.. Did you read who was driving it? and did you see the time differences?

Quick Reply: Road trip anyone?