Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Roll Cages Installed locally?

Old 04-19-2007, 05:07 AM
ded
slo truk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roll Cages Installed locally?

Originally Posted by marshall
for install cost figure 100$ per point
That's about what I was figuring. Damn I wish I knew how to weld (and had the equipment of course).
Old 04-19-2007, 06:10 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

welding aint the half of it.

a perfectly fitted joint is pure sex. if you can have a cage made and it uses less than one stick of filler rod, it is purdy.

i have seen one dude build a cage and used less than half a stick. i nearly nutted myself when i saw how nice the fitment was on the pipes!
Old 04-19-2007, 08:03 AM
i <3 haters..xoxo

frk_concepts has disabled reputation

although our shop is a lil ride down the road(fredericksburg,va), its not too far to get a quality roll cage installed...
we have done many roll bars,cages...
price varies on vehicle and if we have to remove interior trim/dash/etc..
but prices usually run:
6pt $650+
8pt $850+ 10pt $1000+
and thats 1 5/8" .083 chromoly..
price may vary on removal of trim

if interested hit me up, i can send pics of previous cages...explain a little better, etc....

thanks
mike
hybrid garage

Last edited by frk_concepts; 05-03-2007 at 07:26 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:34 AM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for responding, this was the shop I was considering. I would definitely remove the interior panels my self, does the front dash require removal (I hope not) for a 6-pt?

Can the side arms on the 6-pt cage be mounted lower? Or is there a specific track spec rule that requires it a certain height up? Main reason is this car is driven daily, and getting in and out of the car looks like a pain in the ass.

How much time would I need to give you to complete the car if I brought it in early? I'm assuming with the interior removed and ready to go this will cut down install time drastically.

Thanks again.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:25 PM
03 evo 8

brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98

i would love to see how this turns out if you go through with it, as i will most likely be doing the same thing soon. also seems to be a fairly nice price. get the cage and get your ass in the 6s
Old 04-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Banned

QUICKTA is an unknown quantity at this point

mine cost $400, but I removed all the interior and left the seats, dash, and door panels so he knew where I wanted my seat, he made the cage around the seat, it was an 8 pt cage
Old 04-19-2007, 12:55 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by Spooln4
Thanks for responding, this was the shop I was considering. I would definitely remove the interior panels my self, does the front dash require removal (I hope not) for a 6-pt?

Can the side arms on the 6-pt cage be mounted lower? Or is there a specific track spec rule that requires it a certain height up? Main reason is this car is driven daily, and getting in and out of the car looks like a pain in the ass.

How much time would I need to give you to complete the car if I brought it in early? I'm assuming with the interior removed and ready to go this will cut down install time drastically.

Thanks again.

just get the door bars done with swing outs, most are NHRA accepted. nothing says "i am a badass" than opening the door, unhooking a five point, and then swinging a door bar out.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:09 PM
ded
slo truk

ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spooln4
The sidebars have to pass between your hip and shoulder (I think that's how it's worded), so basically at your elbow. That's why I want to do swingouts, that way the bar can open so my 6' 250lb ass can get in and out

Like this:

Old 04-19-2007, 06:09 PM
Registered Member

marshall has disabled reputation

boo climbing in and out is half the fun
Old 04-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Originally Posted by marshall
boo climbing in and out is half the fun
+1

Jungle gym FTW!!

Quick Reply: Roll Cages Installed locally?