Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Saturn Sky: I'll take two please..

Old 01-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Default Re: Saturn Sky: I'll take two please..

Originally Posted by Cosmo
I liked it when I first saw it a few years back. When it was called an Opel Speedster.

Leave it to GM to bring out another "new" car that has already been in production for a number of years and is outdated before it comes out...

This time, lol, its actually not borrowing cars, the Sky/Solstice is a whole new platform called "kappa." As a matter of fact, Opel is adopting this for their new Speedster. GM owns Opel anyways..

Originally Posted by Qwiksillva
The Saturn Sky IS the Pontiac Solstice.
Originally Posted by GaRn
Pretty much, kinda like the firebird/camaro thing..

It has the same overall shape but the front end looks 1000x better, so I wouldn't say "just like the solstice" is a very good explanation..

Apparently Opel is adopting the platform for their speedster..

I read the starting price is $23,690.

EDIT: Also, the interior looks much better on the Sky compared to the Solstice, based on the pictures I have seen

Originally Posted by Victum
those pics are terrible.
Great contribution to the thread, keep up the good work.

About the car though, it's gonna be sweet, 245's in the rear, forged aluminum lower CA's, cast aluminum upper CA's, Bilstein monotube shocks from the factory.. I just wish it had a 6 spd..
Old 01-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Nada

str8jakett will become famous soon enough

New platform or not, the look is still the same.

Of course I'm about as far a fan of GM products as I am close to being God.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by str8jakett
New platform or not, the look is still the same.

Of course I'm about as far a fan of GM products as I am close to being God.
Well then I guess the C6 vette is the same as an Opel Speedster, right, afterall, the look is still the same..

It's pretty obvious what is going on.. GM is bringing the new Speedster to the stateside in the form of it's new platform, just under a different name, the Solstice and the Sky, so what is the big deal? It's not like we were able to get our hands on the Speedster in the first place..

And what does it being GM have to do with it? You have never seen it in person or driven it, how do you know if you like it or not? If it had a Toyota badge on the front you'd all over it probably..

Damn you people are negative, lol
Old 01-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

It's pretty obvious what is going on.. GM is bringing the new Speedster to the stateside in the form of it's new platform, just under a different name, the Solstice and the Sky, so what is the big deal? It's not like we were able to get our hands on the Speedster in the first place..
No, GM just doesn't know what they are doing. They have no idea the the car-buying public actually knows something about vehicles. They think everyone will be happy with something they recycle from another country...
Old 01-06-2006, 12:48 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Cosmo
No, GM just doesn't know what they are doing. They have no idea the the car-buying public actually knows something about vehicles. They think everyone will be happy with something they recycle from another country...
"In the case of the Sky roadster, it is built on GM's small rear-drive Kappa platform that so far is shared only with the coming Pontiac Solstice roadster."

It's a completely new car!
Old 01-06-2006, 01:03 PM
Nada

And what does it being GM have to do with it? You have never seen it in person or driven it, how do you know if you like it or not? If it had a Toyota badge on the front you'd all over it probably..

Damn you people are negative, lol
Negative, probably. But I will say this, if it had a Toyota badge on it, I'd still feel the same way about the look. I don't like it, never liked the Opel either. If it was something that appealed to me, and had a Toyota/Honda/VW/Volvo badge on it, I'd be much more inclined to like it than if it came out of the states.

On the other hand, I love the new GTO, but we all know how long that car has been around Australia as a Holden (Yes, I know GM owns Holden).
Old 01-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Registered member

Negative, probably. But I will say this, if it had a Toyota badge on it, I'd still feel the same way about the look. I don't like it, never liked the Opel either. If it was something that appealed to me, and had a Toyota/Honda/VW/Volvo badge on it, I'd be much more inclined to like it than if it came out of the states.

On the other hand, I love the new GTO, but we all know how long that car has been around Australia as a Holden (Yes, I know GM owns Holden).
To me, it looks like a mini C6 vette, you don't like the way the C6 looks?

I just don't understand that you don't like the way to Sky looks. I mean the Speedster looks alright, but I think the Sky looks 100x better.. I really don't think the Sky looks much like the Speedster at all.. I mean its small, rwd, and has triangle shaped headlights but thats about where the similarities end imo..

Regardless, it certainly looks better than the new Miata imo..

Also, I read the Sky comes standard with power controls, and has a much nicer interior, which is why it is $3k+ more expesive... basically, it comes standard with the options you can get for the Solstice..
Old 01-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Nada

To me, it looks like a mini C6 vette, you don't like the way the C6 looks?
Actually, not at all.

*gasp*
Old 01-06-2006, 01:25 PM
Registered member

Actually, not at all.

*gasp*
Well that explains it then, thats why I was confused. But everyone has their own taste so I respect that..
Old 01-06-2006, 01:35 PM
Nada

Thanks, I wasn't trying to be an ass or start an argument.

Oh, and I'm a Viper guy, which should explain the Corvette thing

Quick Reply: Saturn Sky: I'll take two please..