Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Saturn Sky: I'll take two please..

Old 01-10-2006, 07:12 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Default Re: Saturn Sky: I'll take two please..

Originally Posted by 019
do you really plan on keeping stock rims on all cars? hehe. you can easily fit 8" wheels with 245's on an mx5.
If they look decent from the factory, then no, I wouldn't change the wheels, and I think the Sky's wheels look pretty dang nice..

Originally Posted by 019
sorry but that's a pretty stupid/ignorant statement. na and nb's do fine with 205's. i had no problems with 205's on my 240 autoxing and road racing it. i think what you meant to say is that you'd want more than 205's if you had more power. i do agree that the mx5 (nc) could use more tire tho. i was kicking the rear end out way really easily when i drove one.
I don't think its an ignorant statement at all, that just explains my point of view!
Old 01-10-2006, 10:19 AM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

The LSD is like a $185 dollar option, and IIRC the MX5 also has it optional and not standard. GRM also did a test with both cars on slicks, as well as a modded 99 Miata, and the Solstice beat out the MX5 in the autox by quite a bit, and barely lost to the modified 99 miata.

Keep in mind the Solstice/Sky are 2700lb cars, so yeah the 170hp is crap. In 07 however, there will be a Turbo Ecotec version making IIRC 250hp.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:27 PM
STi Round I

Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G.

Originally Posted by Grease Monkey
Looking forward to that. Is she getting rid of the Vue?

Of course, she is a Saturn whore...
Old 01-11-2006, 10:49 PM
KA powered S14

019 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GaRn
If they look decent from the factory, then no, I wouldn't change the wheels, and I think the Sky's wheels look pretty dang nice..
true, if it were my daily only i wouldn't bother changing rims if they look decent. but if i autox it, i'd get a set of lightweight rims

Originally Posted by GaRn
I don't think its an ignorant statement at all, that just explains my point of view!
i didn't explain your point of view. i agreed with you that the mx5 needs more rubber. it's ignorant to say that all RWD cars need tires bigger than 205's because it's simply not true. it also boils down to how sticky the tires are and how much power you're outputting.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:38 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 019
true, if it were my daily only i wouldn't bother changing rims if they look decent. but if i autox it, i'd get a set of lightweight rims
Yea, a set for the track/autox and the stockers for the street , prolly 16's or 17's for the track/autox i guess, the stock tire diameter is pretty big, 45 series tires on 18x8 inch wheels IIRC..

Originally Posted by 019
i didn't explain your point of view. i agreed with you that the mx5 needs more rubber. it's ignorant to say that all RWD cars need tires bigger than 205's because it's simply not true. it also boils down to how sticky the tires are and how much power you're outputting.
It's not ignorant b/c I was comparing the Sky to the MX5(thats basically what this thread has turned into) lol, and its always nice to have the extra meat imo..

Anyways, I previewed the Sky yesterday evening at the Saturn dealership, and WOW if I had the money I would buy one.. It looks a thousand times better in person.. This thing is WIDE, i read it was almost as wide as the new C6..