Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

SHADY SHOP WARNING! Cheveron @ Blacksburg, VA off on Main Street!

Old 07-08-2005, 12:11 PM
DV8
AV6 Virus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DV8 has disabled reputation
Default SHADY SHOP WARNING! Cheveron @ Blacksburg, VA off on Main Street!

Today I went to the shop Chevron on North Main Street to get my rear tie bar bolts tightened. I also asked them to give me an oil change. So here is what happened...

They made me wait for 1.5 hours, so fine i'm sitting there waiting. This other kid comes in before I do, and then he got priority over me?!?!?!?! WTF

Next, put my car on the lift, and started draining my oil. I have a case of 5W30 Mobile 1 Syn that I wanted them to use. As i was standing out of sight, looking at him, He takes my oil, sticks it under the table and started pouring in some generic brand oil in a yellow cantainer. It's a shame I caught him doing that after 4 quarts. When I confronted him about it, he denied it, WTF?!?!?!?!?! And at that point I flipped out, and started demanding to speak to the manager. So on and soforth, after 20 mins of arguing, they said they would drain my oil and replace it with my original case that I brought it. And it seemed like they ALL said that case was there the entire time. Even though their shop doesnt' carry it.....

Then I asked them to tighten the bolts on my rear sway bar, they said fine. Did that. By the time the bill comes, guess the amount. 74.50 for an oil change and tighten the rear tie bar. They said they charged me for an hour of labor since my car was on the lift. + the labor for oil change and oil filter. WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

And again I got into another argument with them about all this BS. So in the end, i threw them 20 bucks and said here, i'm never coming back.

So if you're from the blacksburg area, stay away from that place! and If that guy Jimmy is on this forum, I hope he gets fired, and the shop loses all their business, because it's terrible how they try to rip off college students.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:10 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: SHADY SHOP WARNING! Cheveron @ Blacksburg, VA off on Main Street!

ahhh...prices chevron i see.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:16 PM
Nonvtec owns you

Hybrid_vtec has disabled reputation

Damn that is fucked up! Call the better business bureau and report them!
Old 07-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Definately shady. Good heads up, I'll be sure to keep that in mind in case I know anyone attempting to go there.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:23 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

but in all seriousness....have you ever met the dudes that work there? unless you are blind you can see they even look the part, much less act the part.

buyer beware i reckon....
Old 07-10-2005, 07:21 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

wow. makes me that much more paranoid about having my car worked on. I always try to keep an eye on the people working on my car. I pay to have my oil changed because it's just more convenient for me, and I always try to keep an eye on them to make sure they're putting in what I'm paying for. I always go to TLC now because they're decent people, have decent prices, and have yet to fuck anything up.

Jiffy Lube, on the other hand, managed to fuck my '90 Jetta (project car) up right after I bought it. They drained the oil, and were too busy bullshitting with me (young guys) to put oil in after they drained it out. I didn't find that out until later.. After obvious problems arise, I raise hell with Jiffy Lube because the car survived a 4 hour drive home at 80mph consistently, or faster.. but a day after having my oil changed, my car was fucked. Raised hell and found from someone who worked there at the time that they realized they never put oil in. What the fuck....

Anyway, TLC has been great so far. Always try to keep an eye on the people working on your car if it's someone you don't know or has an unknown reputation. You wouldn't let someone babysit your child if you didn't know them, anything about them, or someone who had something good to say about them. I'm glad you were keeping an eye on these dickheads and caught them in the act!

joey: are engine flushes a waste of time? I usually spend the extra $10 per oil change to get an engine flush just for a little extra maitenence. Might be a waste of money and time, but as long as there's no harm in the actual flush, I will probably continue to get them.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:27 AM
Custom User Title

mnchvgs79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Call the Better Business Bureau and I would even call the cops and tell them what they did.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:29 AM
beep beep

Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie

This is why you should start changing your own oil.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:45 AM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by L1LAS1N
This is why you should start changing your own oil.
Amen.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:45 PM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

I got a story that has it beat. My father has a Nissan Murano it has that one speed transmission. He is always too busy to change his oil from constantly being on the road so he takes it somewhere to have it done. He typically took his car to Botetourt Lube Tech. Anyways, he took it back to the nissan dealership to have them look at some kind of burning smell As they were examining the vehicle they noticed a yellow dot on the drain plug for the tranny fluid. The yellow dot typically comes from lube shops who have either changed the fluids or drained the wrong fluid and as a reminder next time.

The nissan dealership called my father and told him that he has the wrong tranny fluid in it. This seemed impossible to him since he has never had the transmission serviced or the tranny fluids changed. Because of this mishap it voided the warranty on the transmission. About 2 months ago the transmission died on him. The nissan dealership stated that to replace the tranny in this car you have to pull the whole motor and some of the dash. All in all he was left with a nice $6k bill from the nissan dealership.

He went back to Botetourt lube tech to get all of his records on what has been done to the car and they had no records of draining the tranny fluid. So it is as if someone drained the wrong fluid at first, then put the wrong fluid in it and marked it with a yellow dot so they will know not to drain that plug next time and somehow failed to mention anything about it to save their own ass.

Quick Reply: SHADY SHOP WARNING! Cheveron @ Blacksburg, VA off on Main Street!