Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Smooth idle FTW!

Old 01-30-2009, 04:27 AM
Capitalist Pig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Smooth idle FTW!

poor weather or other stuff?
Old 01-30-2009, 06:49 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

what made you decide to get another Evo?i thought you were going back to the Honda world?
Chris
Old 01-30-2009, 07:56 AM
Registered Member

pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
03 silver. nothing special. just another car.
well that sounds lame. who would want a car like that?
Old 01-30-2009, 08:35 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
poor weather or other stuff?
yeah, the weather sucked balls. Rained the whole F'n trip pretty much, hard as hell too. The tires that were on the car definately did not like the weather. The rental was a goofball car too, damn CVT tranny.

Originally Posted by TNGChris
what made you decide to get another Evo?i thought you were going back to the Honda world?
Chris
After sitting around and crunching numbers long enough, I would have had to put the same money in the honda to get it where I want it, as it cost me to just buy this car. Plus I know them very well now, and enjoy the stock ecu's tuning capabilities. Its a fun toy to play with basically. I guess I'm just spoiled mainly.

Don't worry, I'll be playing around on the track with you this year, either in the evo or the miata!

Originally Posted by pearl350z
I dunno, maybe you can share some input on that one? BTW I likely won't be able to make it this weekend, gotta get some more work done on the miata and get some stuff done at the lake. Racing season is on its way!
Old 01-30-2009, 11:23 AM
03 evo 8

brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98 brianeclipse98

hmmmm i love these cars
Old 01-30-2009, 12:38 PM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Don't worry, I'll be playing around on the track with you this year, either in the evo or the miata!

how about March 2-3 at VIR?i've already got one friend going who'll be doing his first track day.i'm also trying to get my boss to go and shake down his car for this year's Lemons race.should be a good time.

Originally Posted by pearl350z
no kidding!...nothing special,just an Evo.if that's the case,then i want a car that's nothing special.i guess the red one wasn't much of nothing either?

Chris
Old 01-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by TNGChris
how about March 2-3 at VIR?i've already got one friend going who'll be doing his first track day.i'm also trying to get my boss to go and shake down his car for this year's Lemons race.should be a good time.

no kidding!...nothing special,just an Evo.if that's the case,then i want a car that's nothing special.i guess the red one wasn't much of nothing either?

Chris
Nah, the red one was something, it was a slow shitbox But boy did those taillights look good, right everyone?

2-3 I'm not sure about. SCCA drivers school is March 28th and I'm definately attending that. I'd love to bring the Miata out for the 2-3rd to get a few laps under its belt, but it only has one seat and harness. I'm not too sure the instructors would approve, and sadly the evo is not ready for a track day yet.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:22 PM
Registered member

Nah, the red one was something, it was a slow shitbox But boy did those taillights look good, right everyone?

2-3 I'm not sure about. SCCA drivers school is March 28th and I'm definately attending that. I'd love to bring the Miata out for the 2-3rd to get a few laps under its belt, but it only has one seat and harness. I'm not too sure the instructors would approve, and sadly the evo is not ready for a track day yet.
the Trackdaze guys are pretty easy to work with.Novice group students with no passenger seat usually get some ride time with their instructor in their car,and i guess the instructor tries to keep an eye on them from trackside during their sessions.Intermediate group doesn't get an instructor anyway(unless you request one),so no problem there...one of the directors is on here(Getfast),and he's always been really helpful with any questions i've had in the past.
or use the Evo.put in some good brake fluid,and.......that's it!
Chris
Old 01-30-2009, 08:20 PM
Go Team Marlboro

I'd really like to bring the Miata down just for a lap or two to at least feel it out as it sits. The Evo needs brakes and some tune tweaks before its ready, really needs some tires for these other wheels, the stock wheels have such crap tires.

They'll both be out there this year, I will guarantee that.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

Brownbo mod yet?

Quick Reply: Smooth idle FTW!