Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

So....

Old 09-29-2005, 03:15 PM
.!.. Evo's ;)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KnowForever has disabled reputation
Default Re: So....

^ haha, thanks for catching that. fixed
Old 09-29-2005, 06:05 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DeadEvoVIII
^ haha, thanks for catching that. fixed
I was just agreing with what you were sayin and when I took the rest of your post away it looked odd, so I changed it slightly

I wasn't posting to correct you though!
Old 10-03-2005, 01:33 PM
HOPEFULLY

10secChick has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by JDM03
I'm not a ricer I swear . But if you think like they are thinking then if some slut drives a white Jetta then does that mean every girl that drives one is a slut.... of course it doesn't. I
HA HA
Old 10-03-2005, 05:29 PM
Slowbra Driver

D1g1tal V3n0m is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 10secChick
HA HA
God damn so many fucking new people joining.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

I'm rockin' polo like it's nineteen ninety three.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

gonzoe00 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by D1g1tal V3n0m
God damn so many fucking new people joining.
Dont get me started on that topic... And why this is now happening
Old 10-03-2005, 07:58 PM
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

These niggas actin' like it just hit the streets
Old 10-04-2005, 03:41 AM
Registered Member

myclone has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Cosmo
I think the reason so many people are non-Honda is because if you see a car that is riced-out, chances are it's a Honda. Does that mean every Honda is riced-out? Of course not. But, there are millions of Hondas out there, and many are selling for very little money. Hondas are also cheap to rice out, and parts are plentiful. So, it's easy for some kid to go spend $1000 on an old Civic, take a trip to Advance auto parts, drop $300, and "pimp his ride". It's harder to do that with a Nissan, Toyota, or Subaru because parts for them are more expensive, and there aren't as many of those cars running around.
Well said..

Since Im probably considered ancient in age compared to a lot of you guys as well as being a domestic car/truck person Id like to offer an observation from a knuckle dragging, big block V8, carb type gear head. BTW, while Im a domestic guy Ive learned to appreciate a well done import as well as the effort and money it takes to build one rather than to just lump them all under the term of "ricer". A nicely executed import or domestic car is a "hot rod" and huge wings, 5" exhaust, neon, and chrome spinner hub caps from walmart is rice.

With that being said every generation of car guys has a "ricer" crowd so to speak. Most of us domestic guys look back on the pro street fad and laugh at how much most of a poser those cars were. They were tubbed out, huge rear wings, sheet metal interior, and usually powered by some low hp (relatively speaking) stock V8 under the hood. They couldnt spin the tires even on wet pavement let alone run the 1/4 mile in anything less than a laughable ET. We called them "posers" but they were basically the previous generations "rice" as we would call it today.

Before the pro street movement we had V8 cars that had HUGE rear tires that stuck way outside of the rear fender wells which required air shocks and/or shackles to jack the ass end up to clear the rear tires and the ever present slapper bars. Not to mention there was the usually small block stuffed with a HUGE lumpy/undrivable cam, a tunnel ram with two ~750cfm carbs, glass pack mufflers, and a four speed. Not only were most of these cars idiotic looking later on to us gear heads caught up in the pro street fad they were usually pretty damn slow, loud as hell, and prolly unsafe on dry roads and a definate death trap on wet roads.

I wont go any further back in time since Ive prolly bored most of you to tears by now anyways but the point Im trying to make is that so far as I can see EVERY generation has had "ricers" or fads and will continue to have them. What will the next "ricers" be? Who knows....the hybrid/alternative fuel cars could catch on and once the future gear heads start modding them theyll look back at us gas burning idiots and laugh with their new hybrids that pump out ~600hp/800ftlbs and get well over 50 miles to the gallon and call us "ricers".

It could happen......
Old 10-04-2005, 07:48 AM
Registered Member

JDM03 has disabled reputation

Wow exactly how old are??? Just picking. I wish everyone understood like you.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gonzoe00
Dont get me started on that topic... And why this is now happening
Adrian we all know its your fault for introducing a few on your side of the mountain that spread the word to these new people