Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

So....

Old 09-26-2005, 02:27 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Default Re: So....

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
That's a sick bike man! I've never personally been a big fan of the look of the naked bikes, or whatever you want to call them, but I do like that one.

Nice bike. What's the retail on one of those?

I think my next bike is probably going to be another Kawasaki. It's been a good bike and I like it more than many of the other crotch rockets I've ridden. It has a good feel to it! I'd be glad to let you ride it before it's gone if you want so long as you're careful and no stupid shit.. but I know you well enough, I think, to know that that's not what you're about.. I think I could trust you with it. lol

I think my next bike is going to be another Kawasaki though.. Maybe a little 636, or maybe a ZX10R or ZX12R--but I think that would really be too much bike to be fun. The bigger bikes aren't really my thing. I like to be able to open the throttle all the way up and not have to put a conscious effort into keeping the front wheel down. It comes up if and when you want it to on the 6R, but most of the time except in 1st and 2nd gear, it won't come up unexpectedly. I'll stick to 900's or smaller I think..

I just wish the aftermarket was a little better for Kawasaki.
Yea I don't know why I like that look, I guess ever since I wanted a Ducati Monster, i have gone that way.. which is pretty much why I got the SV, its like a budget/jap monster ha..

The speed triples are a bit pricey, like $9,999 retail :\

I have always really like the kawi's, I really like the zx6r and rr's, sooo nice..

I'd go for the zx6r(636)

I would love to ride your bike, but I would feel uncomfortable you know, just so worried about the possibility that I COULD drop it you know? I guess its because I would never let anyone ride my bike :shrug:

On the SV, first will come up if you aren't leaning forward, 2nd second if you are trying it can come up, like instant on throttle around 5-7k and it will, but I don't know that from doing it on purpose lets say, I found out by accident lol..
Old 09-26-2005, 02:37 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Yeah.. I accidentally brought the front wheel up the first time going over a hill too fast and not leaning against the tank. It was the most breathtaking feeling, but kind of in a bad way.

I've been riding dirtbikes since I was a kid, and I owned a GSX-R for about a week a couple years ago--flipped it for a profit and only rode it once. Needless to say, I've done intentional wheelies before and everything on the dirtbikes, but it was a different experience on the ZX6R. Especially not expecting it! "OHHHH SHIIIIIIIT............. WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO" hahaha

If you'd like to give the 6R a shot, I'll let you take it out for a quick spin. I'm not talking about borrowing it for a day but a ride around the block or something wouldn't be out of line. I think the 636 is a pretty wicked bike too personally. It's not the biggest craziest bike but it's fast, it looks good, comes in several hot colors, and best of all--it's fuel injected. My 6R is carb'd. Not that big of a deal but it likes to toy with me when I cold start it after it's sat for several days. The ZX14R is definitely too much bike for me, but I'd like to ride one sometime. I don't have a need for a bike that big. I ride Bent Mtn with a few friends every once in a while with much bigger bikes, a few of which are stretched, and they kill me in a straight line but it's a much more even playing field in the twisties because the 6R is so light and handles like a dream.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Registered Member

JDM03 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by DeadEvoVIII
Anything going on in here besides the constant flaming?
Sorry guys
Old 09-26-2005, 05:11 PM
89silude

94silude is an unknown quantity at this point

so garan, u saw me a few days ago eh? you know what, i was thinking to myself, i wonder if that's the dude from drag. hahaha. guess it was.

BTW, the wheels are from a 93 accord. funny looking huh? haha
Old 09-26-2005, 05:26 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 89silude
so garan, u saw me a few days ago eh? you know what, i was thinking to myself, i wonder if that's the dude from drag. hahaha. guess it was.

BTW, the wheels are from a 93 accord. funny looking huh? haha
lol yea they look like wheels from a Chrysler LeBaron or somethin

j/p!!!!

rock some S2k wheels(old 5 spokes) if you want to stay OEM, I have seen them in person on a 4g lude, they look very nice!
Old 09-26-2005, 05:41 PM
89silude

94silude is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GaRn
rock some S2k wheels(old 5 spokes) if you want to stay OEM, I have seen them in person on a 4g lude, they look very nice!

okay, do u have some for me? i wanna change my wheels asap, but it's not gonna happen for a while, unless i find an AWSOME deal i can't pass up.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:52 PM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

My next bike....

Old 09-26-2005, 06:13 PM
Registered member

is that a superlight?

sorry, I have been out of the biking world for a while unfortunately..
Old 09-26-2005, 07:41 PM
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Cosmo
My next bike....

Se my balls and prostate just says no to that…
Old 09-26-2005, 07:47 PM
It tilts

AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Cosmo
My next bike....

to bad i was die hard Schwinn Fan...rocket 88 owned me...