Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Some Honest Info From Some SRT-4 Owners

Old 02-16-2005, 02:11 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turblowedneon is on a distinguished road
Default Some Honest Info From Some SRT-4 Owners

Hey,

Whats up everyone, I was just wondering........ considering im working on a low budget here I need an answer about the coil overs on ebay .Do they really fit our cars or are they just some BS ..im not really worried about the ride quality .Everycar i have owend does not ride very well, but i just want to know do i have to worry about these things falling apart. I understand you get what you pay for in the auto world but im just trying to get my dump truck on the ground. Some info please Im beggin no flamin. Well ..................ok just al little
Old 02-16-2005, 05:39 PM
89silude

94silude is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Some Honest Info From Some SRT-4 Owners

just wondering...is there a reason this is in drag western VA? you will get lots more info in the general disscusion or better yet, a srt-4 forum.

on a side note, i meet some redneck dude and he bet my friend $100 that a stock srt-4 came with a 8cyl from the factory! LOL dude is so retarded! he also said his friend has a BONE STOCK sub WRX w/ n0zzzz running 900HP. where is he getting this stuff? tsk tsk tsk
Old 02-16-2005, 05:40 PM
'bout time

VTFORDLADY is an unknown quantity at this point

If I were you I'd PM srt4hokie at least....he'd give you a second opinion which is better than nothing
Old 02-16-2005, 06:42 PM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Turblowedneon
Hey,

Whats up everyone, I was just wondering........ considering im working on a low budget here I need an answer about the coil overs on ebay .Do they really fit our cars or are they just some BS ..im not really worried about the ride quality .Everycar i have owend does not ride very well, but i just want to know do i have to worry about these things falling apart. I understand you get what you pay for in the auto world but im just trying to get my dump truck on the ground. Some info please Im beggin no flamin. Well ..................ok just al little
If they say that they will fit then they should fit. However if I were you I would just pu a set of eibach sportline springs on it and call it a day.Good qualiy and inexspensive.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:55 PM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

I believe Richard's (srt4hokie) springs were about the same price as those cheap coil overs. His made his car look 100% better. Haven't ridden in it, so I can't attest to the ride.

You will be better off with springs.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:03 PM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Cosmo
I believe Richard's (srt4hokie) springs were about the same price as those cheap coil overs. His made his car look 100% better. Haven't ridden in it, so I can't attest to the ride.

You will be better off with springs.
Just a FYI if you put those type of coilovers on your car it WILL FAIL state inspection.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:00 PM
Registered Member

marshall has disabled reputation

well sorta, if your car is in the weeds then no shop's gonna inspect it, crank the perches up to a decent level and most places won't even notice them...of course I'm used to BFE...

...S14?
Old 02-16-2005, 08:05 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by marshall
well sorta, if your car is in the weeds then no shop's gonna inspect it, crank the perches up to a decent level and most places won't even notice them...of course I'm used to BFE...

...S14?
Yea, I was talking to seth a couple moths ago... he said if the springs arn't tight against the strut then it will fail.

Yea, S14 The 1J was nice while it lasted, but I got an offer I can't refuse.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:07 PM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

hmmm... i'm sure joey will be in here to correct everyone in the morning.. however.. just about everyone know people at shops that will pass their inspection for them, with this said inspections are almost irrelevant to several.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:23 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by cootees
hmmm... i'm sure joey will be in here to correct everyone in the morning.. however.. just about everyone know people at shops that will pass their inspection for them, with this said inspections are almost irrelevant to several.
Yea, I know... just wanted to let him know, that's what the guy who does my inspections told me while he failed a car for having those on it

Quick Reply: Some Honest Info From Some SRT-4 Owners