Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Some please help!?

Old 03-13-2007, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Outlaw has disabled reputation
Default Some please help!?

So here goes. I picked up a blown up 98 Eclipse GST. 5 spd. It has a big 16g, 660 injectors, walbro fuel pump, and what looks like to be knock off hard piping from the sidemount to the throttle body. There is an injen intake on the car as well.

My question is this. I have two vacuum hoses that are coming off the wastegate solenoid. Obviously one needs to go on the wastegate actuator. However, I do not see a port for the other vacuum hose. Just where do I need to make this go? I've read that the wastegate is actuated off the pressure side of the turbo. So I assume that I should be looking for something off the compressor side. I'm at a loss right now.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Tim
Old 03-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Registered Member

D_Eclipse9916 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Some please help!?

the wastegate solenoid AKA the boost solenoid should really not be being used at that point, you should have a manual boost controller. What I would do, if I were you, is it the standard 12psi wastegate? Just hook the vacuum line from the wastegate directly into either a vacuum line off the charge pipe or off the bov. If you have a mbc, hook up the vacuum line to the mbc and from the mbc to a vacuum line.

Where are you located?
Old 03-13-2007, 09:14 PM
Registered Member

I realize that was a little vague....if you dont have a boost controller.

Take out all vacuum hoses and cover up everything connected to the wastegate solenoid. Then take a vacuum hose from your wastegate actuator to a vacuum source. that way the wastegate will just actuate at what your wastegate spring is, usually 12psi on a 16g. If you have a booswt controller, your solenoid or mbc will be inline.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:48 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

you dont need to hook any of them up. just leave the wastegate reference line off.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:48 AM

D_Eclipse9916 - I'm located in Lexington, VA. I don't have a MBC yet. I just started the car up this past week. I'm going to order one today.

fc735 - So you're telling me to leave the wastegate actuator "unhooked". How will it actuate then? I'm apologize for such a naive question!

Thanks for all the help so far.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:19 AM
Registered Member

ive got a brand new slowboy racing mbc, if you want to pick it up, and we will fix the lines on your car while your here.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:25 AM
Registered Member

GSXDSM93 has disabled reputation

Outlaw Im only like 30 miles away from you/
Old 03-14-2007, 09:12 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by Outlaw
D_Eclipse9916 - I'm located in Lexington, VA. I don't have a MBC yet. I just started the car up this past week. I'm going to order one today.

fc735 - So you're telling me to leave the wastegate actuator "unhooked". How will it actuate then? I'm apologize for such a naive question!

Thanks for all the help so far.

its called sarcasm. just leave it unhooked, it will solve all your problems
Old 03-14-2007, 11:09 AM

fc735 -- haha.. I was like wtf?
Old 03-14-2007, 06:13 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

The actual internal wastegate is probably set to 7-8 psi, the BCS controls the boost pressure, which usually ends up being around 11-12 psi, so yea ditch it and just use an MBC