Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Speeding Tickets?

Old 05-07-2004, 09:39 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Default Re: Speeding Tickets?

yea I just witnessed another grand execution of cops in action tonight.. I was riding in ElementalWindX's gst, with Cootees and lilasian in front of us in his new(ish) GST, and Musicmaniac4life in his rs eclipse with us to.. we were cruisin on williamson rd to "promote" our new site, www.starcitydsms.com, only we didnt get there in time to put the site on the car windows... The cops of course have the same attitude, thinkin that we are just a bunch of punks causing trouble, and the truth is, there are a few out there that arent little precious angels etc.. but regardless, we turned around in a gas station that people frequent, and Musicmaniac4life(clay) got pulled over out of the three of us for NO reason other than his car was visually modified(sideskirts, rear lip, 97+ bumper, gst wing, other stuff..).. well the cops obviously do this because they think they can find something wrong with the car, and he has tried hard to make it so they will leave him the hell alone(stock like exhaust etc).. well since the cop couldnt find anything wrong he wrote him up for "noise ordinance" for his stereo being up to loud.. and the funny thing is, i couldnt even hear it from my car, and we were right behind him, the cop wasnt close to 50 ft(the noise ordinance law) behind clay when he motioned him to stop.. THEN another cop backed into a car behind him, because 2 or 3 cops crowded into a gas station trying to "intimidate" everyone there.. Clay said the cop was an asshole towards him, regardless of the fact that he was polite towards the cop.

I dislike cops, every one i have interacted with has been an asshole, and I can definitly see why this would make someone rebellious against these "cops" abusing their power.. I can honestly say i pretty much hate Roanoke cops. Only ticket I have ever gotten(that wasnt dropped, one improper lane change) was for "aiding or abetting street racing", which i probably shouldnt have been there.. i was a spectator watching.. it was fun, but havent been back since, so i guess i learned my lesson there.. but i definitly dont drive crazy or fast, etc..
Old 05-07-2004, 10:05 PM
VA is for HOKIES

milliondollarjb is an unknown quantity at this point

at least someone's with me on this one.
Old 05-08-2004, 12:56 AM
Bro'd Out

Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito

cough90ina40cough

i <3 you justin

see you back in the 757 since i probably won't see you tomarrow.
Old 05-08-2004, 02:44 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by GaRn
.. but regardless, we turned around in a gas station that people frequent, and Musicmaniac4life(clay) got pulled over out of the three of us for NO reason other than his car was visually modified(sideskirts, rear lip, 97+ bumper, gst wing, other stuff..).. ..

which is illegal......so that is the reason he pulled you. just like cruising williamson is illegal. right by the gast station across the street from the CVS there is a sign that says "unlawful to pass this sign more then three times in a one hour period" or something to that effect. cops are assholes, as you say, on williamson mainly due to the dicks they have to deal with. yet another reason i dont cruise there cept on fourth of july.....
Old 05-08-2004, 08:36 AM
beep beep

Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie Marie

Originally Posted by GaRn
yea I just witnessed another grand execution of cops in action tonight.. I was riding in ElementalWindX's gst, with Cootees and lilasian in front of us in his new(ish) GST, and Musicmaniac4life in his rs eclipse with us to.. we were cruisin on williamson rd to "promote" our new site, www.starcitydsms.com, only we didnt get there in time to put the site on the car windows... The cops of course have the same attitude, thinkin that we are just a bunch of punks causing trouble, and the truth is, there are a few out there that arent little precious angels etc.. but regardless, we turned around in a gas station that people frequent, and Musicmaniac4life(clay) got pulled over out of the three of us for NO reason other than his car was visually modified(sideskirts, rear lip, 97+ bumper, gst wing, other stuff..).. well the cops obviously do this because they think they can find something wrong with the car, and he has tried hard to make it so they will leave him the hell alone(stock like exhaust etc).. well since the cop couldnt find anything wrong he wrote him up for "noise ordinance" for his stereo being up to loud.. and the funny thing is, i couldnt even hear it from my car, and we were right behind him, the cop wasnt close to 50 ft(the noise ordinance law) behind clay when he motioned him to stop.. THEN another cop backed into a car behind him, because 2 or 3 cops crowded into a gas station trying to "intimidate" everyone there.. Clay said the cop was an asshole towards him, regardless of the fact that he was polite towards the cop.

I dislike cops, every one i have interacted with has been an asshole, and I can definitly see why this would make someone rebellious against these "cops" abusing their power.. I can honestly say i pretty much hate Roanoke cops. Only ticket I have ever gotten(that wasnt dropped, one improper lane change) was for "aiding or abetting street racing", which i probably shouldnt have been there.. i was a spectator watching.. it was fun, but havent been back since, so i guess i learned my lesson there.. but i definitly dont drive crazy or fast, etc..
LMAO, the officer who backed into someone was none other than OFFICER FULLER , he wasnt the one who pulled clay over but he was there, yea after clay was finally let go we all pulled into Blockbuster parking lot, he left the music the way he had it when he got pulled over and walk 50 feel from the car, he said you couldnt even hear it. it think other than being 5 feet away from clay he just didtn like his music. i think thas another reason
Old 05-08-2004, 08:55 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fc735
which is illegal......so that is the reason he pulled you. just like cruising williamson is illegal. right by the gast station across the street from the CVS there is a sign that says "unlawful to pass this sign more then three times in a one hour period" or something to that effect. cops are assholes, as you say, on williamson mainly due to the dicks they have to deal with. yet another reason i dont cruise there cept on fourth of july.....
yup, your right, i guess it is illegal, but they didnt try to get him for that, whatever it would be called anyways..

anyways, we didnt turn all the way around yet, so how did he know if we were gonna get gas or go in the store hahahaha

I dont see why they have so many cops monitor and harass people that cruise... cruising shouldnt be their main objective, I wouuld think it should be more important things...
Old 05-08-2004, 08:57 AM
Jerome LeBanner Fan

weavil has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by milliondollarjb
its the attitude of a person tired of getting the shaft....obviously you have better luck
You committed those crimes you even admitted to speeding on Prices Fork and getting pulled for it. What is there to be sore about?

I've had my share of unpleasant experiences w/cops, but it was unrelated to anything traffic related. Even then I don't hate or disrespect every cop, I treat ones I haven't dealt w/respect just like I would want to be dealth with.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:09 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fc735
You mean walgreens on williamson? I have never seen that sign or any sign like it in roanoke.. only place I have ever seen one like that was down at myrtle beach.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:26 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

last time i was in williamson area cruising was when i was in high school, at least when i did it all teh time. the main reason cops are patrolling it hard is due to the idiots. IF you are gonna blame anyone, blame the dumbasses that do stupid things, like some things that are posted here, and then wonder why they are "harassed"

as for the sign, its on the side of the road opposite hooters....i saw it there last time i was down there, about a month or two ago. in the time it took me to grub on some wangs and a burger, i saw about five ricers go speeding through there, and one kid try to outrun a cop on the sidestreet right next to Hooters. not only is it a 35mph zone (if i remeber) but it is also a construction zone there due to the new island construction. do stupid shit like that, and you deserve to get harassed.

and i know one member from DragVA on here was doing it.....dont say you werent
either.

unless you are 16 and just got your liscense, act your fucking age, have some respect for people/property/etc.....if you do something illegal, be a man and deal with the consequences. it is getting pathetic to come on here, and every other thread is bashing cops or bitching about something. i have posted a thing one time about police officers, if i can find it, i may have to repost it again.

i may be slightly biased due to me being a firefighter, but i have felt like that long before i was one. i was taught that if you do something, you better know what the outcome/consequences are, and be willing to take that risk, and know what the penalty is if you break a law. i guess i was raised different then most people
Old 05-08-2004, 11:34 AM
Registered member

I agree and that stuff you were talking about, the crap some people do, is ridiculous..

The fact is, there are still people out on williamson just to cruise around, have a good time and not cause trouble.. I dont care what the cops do, they won't stop it, its been going on FOREVER(back in the 60's, probably earlier), and from what u have talked to my dad about, its alot better now than it used to be(as far as street racing on williamson)..

Quick Reply: Speeding Tickets?