Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

StreetFights @ Bristol FULL 1/4 Track

Old 05-09-2003, 09:13 PM
Sass Masterson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
parknasty is an unknown quantity at this point

No open exhaust? Are these your rules or track rules? Unless things have changed since I've been to bristol tech inspection doesn't really exist, and they're usually pretty slack about what you want to run.

I'll be there, but make it later on in the month like the 29th or so, I have to ask off from work in advance, so spur of the moment things usually don't work for me, sorry.
Old 05-09-2003, 09:19 PM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

sall gooooood. ok...sounds like the 29th is winning. these arnt my rules...these are track rules for street fights anyways. i have no rules =P. basically...if u can run with slicks and open exhaust and not get kicked out...go for it
Old 05-10-2003, 06:42 AM
BOOST!

Goofynick6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in NY right now until next weekend the 17th.

This means I haven't been able to work on my car, and it won't be ready in time for this event, so I might not go.

We'll see though, maybe I can go and run a few psi untuned and overly rich. Later in June I'll be ready to romp!

Nick
Old 05-10-2003, 08:49 AM
AWD turbo addict

EC Knightrider is an unknown quantity at this point

musta been a joke right, about all those rules??

i seen some cars using slicks and the guys running 12's wheren't wearing a helmet as far is i could tell and i was right there beside of them!

why else would people be switchin out tires in the parkin lot?
Old 05-10-2003, 08:01 PM
Sass Masterson

parknasty is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh hey,
Before we get too far into this, I just want to clarify the rules that I agreed to with R-guy to keep us on good terms:

--War of the fastest N/A Honda Guidelines--

1. -I have to run N/A(you too, but I don't think that's a problem.)
2. -The winner is defined as the first person to the end of the track-- i.e. not the best timeslip. I don't want someone rolling out a sleeping bag and setting up a tent at the light tree taking a nap, then running a better time and try to claim a victory(nothing personal there Brian, just making an example, heh.)
3. -You have to run the car you agreed to run in the beginning(again, I don't think this will be a problem.)

Oh, and if its really really close, I'm for a best 2 out of 3 etc. if we get the chance. Other than that its every man for himself.
Hope to see you there man. Later
Old 05-10-2003, 09:06 PM
Hating...

SWEEETTTTT.

vtec vs vtec vs cvt

this will be a good battle. this is for beer right? LOL...loser pays for beer for ALL
Old 05-11-2003, 05:08 AM
Eat a ding ding...

DrOpPeDRiCe is on a distinguished road

how bout you do it after may 30th that way i could hang out with you guys and not have to worry about getting up at 6:30 the next day for school. I live like 10 min. from the track, and 3 sec. from I-81 at exit 5 so if you wanna meet me somewhere and follow there one tues. or thurs. then let me know.
Old 05-11-2003, 05:23 AM
Hating...

if we COULD do it on a friday or saturday that would be great. but i called and said that test and tune was for bracket racers. they didnt allow FREE runs or poeple who just wanted to test their cars out on those days. they said thats what the Street fights are for. like i said...ive never been to bristol before...but if someone would tell me that a bunch of kids from vatech can go on a friday/saturday to bristol, and not have to wait 1 hour per run and not be pushed to the side by the bracket racers then sure...id make the event on a NON school night.
Old 05-11-2003, 03:57 PM
God

Rguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by parknasty

--War of the fastest N/A Honda Guidelines--

1. -I have to run N/A(you too, but I don't think that's a problem.)
2. -The winner is defined as the first person to the end of the track-- i.e. not the best timeslip. I don't want someone rolling out a sleeping bag and setting up a tent at the light tree taking a nap, then running a better time and try to claim a victory(nothing personal there Brian, just making an example, heh.)
3. -You have to run the car you agreed to run in the beginning(again, I don't think this will be a problem.)

Oh, and if its really really close, I'm for a best 2 out of 3 etc. if we get the chance. Other than that its every man for himself.
Hope to see you there man. Later
Word. I hope we get enough runs in so that we can go against each other 2+ times. Win or lose, no excuses afterwards.
Old 05-11-2003, 06:35 PM
Eat a ding ding...

DrOpPeDRiCe is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by FutureProspect
if we COULD do it on a friday or saturday that would be great. but i called and said that test and tune was for bracket racers. they didnt allow FREE runs or poeple who just wanted to test their cars out on those days. they said thats what the Street fights are for. like i said...ive never been to bristol before...but if someone would tell me that a bunch of kids from vatech can go on a friday/saturday to bristol, and not have to wait 1 hour per run and not be pushed to the side by the bracket racers then sure...id make the event on a NON school night.
yea it sux, but i'll be graduating here soon so i won't have to worry about school anymore(thank god...)

Quick Reply: StreetFights @ Bristol FULL 1/4 Track