Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Super Chevy

Old 10-02-2005, 08:04 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Default Re: Super Chevy

This is the Scandanavian term for elf. Sometimes they are described as being hairy and ugly, although they are able to change their shape into anything they please. They are said to have lots of treasure, and live in beautiful palaces.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:13 AM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

Haha. Asshat.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:22 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by FASTmustang2c
i am undefeated and i got major street cred
you want a real race? i can GUARANTEE that i can name at least three FOUR CYLINDER cars that will smoke your ass, not even starting on the people i know that have high hp V8's. or six cylinders for that matter.

again, i reiterate that mustang owners are either cool as shit, or complete douches.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:07 AM

whatdatruck is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fc735
you want a real race? i can GUARANTEE that i can name at least three FOUR CYLINDER cars that will smoke your ass, not even starting on the people i know that have high hp V8's. or six cylinders for that matter.

again, i reiterate that mustang owners are either cool as shit, or complete douches.
Yeah I'm going to have to agree with fc if you're undefeated you just aren't racing anything worth a damn.

For all those that didn't go Saturday it was awesome!!!! They had the nitro coupes that were running in the 6s at like 220mph. They also had the jet cars and the 7.99 second DOT street car shoot out the fastest was 6.54 in the 1/4. Managed to get a few odds and ends and a monster 8 inch Harwood fiberglass cowl hood for my roommates camaro. The only down side is that I'm broke for the rest of the week and sun burned as hell but it was worth it. Sorry I don't have any pics yet I don't have a camera but a friend of mine took a bunch so I might have some after a while.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:32 AM
LS1=Overrated

Way2SloLS1 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
This isn't The Fast & The Furious.

If your car is that fast with a 4.6 swap, I'd like to see what it can do. Take me for a ride and I'll pay for the gas.
is he the one that has the 95v6 and he put a 4.6 in it?....if so what year is the motor?...and if all he has done is gears, intake, and nitrous...that aint shit on a 4.6 SOHC...no offense to ur car but if that is all you have...then i agree with whoever said you are not racing anybody worth a shit... my firend used to have a gt with 4.10s, intake, and a decent short of nitrous and i think his best time was a 9.2 at the bridge...but the 99+ 4.6 are a little better running he had a 97.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:43 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Way2SloLS1
is he the one that has the 95v6 and he put a 4.6 in it?....if so what year is the motor?...and if all he has done is gears, intake, and nitrous...that aint shit on a 4.6 SOHC...no offense to ur car but if that is all you have...then i agree with whoever said you are not racing anybody worth a shit... my firend used to have a gt with 4.10s, intake, and a decent short of nitrous and i think his best time was a 9.2 at the bridge...but the 99+ 4.6 are a little better running he had a 97.
still though.. a 99+ body style 4.6L powerplant with the same supporting mods would probably still net him a high 8 wouldn't it? that's not fast! not in the big spectrum of what "fast" really is!
Old 10-02-2005, 12:47 PM
LS1=Overrated

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
still though.. a 99+ body style 4.6L powerplant with the same supporting mods would probably still net him a high 8 wouldn't it? that's not fast! not in the big spectrum of what "fast" really is!
depending on the shot of nitrous, what gears, tires, and how the engine is tuned...the best o would give it if it were 99+ would be a high/mid 8...mustang people please dont get upset with what i am saying...this is just from what i have seen from other mustangs...if you all have some proof that i am wrong...please tell me
Old 10-02-2005, 01:56 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Way2SloLS1
depending on the shot of nitrous, what gears, tires, and how the engine is tuned...the best o would give it if it were 99+ would be a high/mid 8...mustang people please dont get upset with what i am saying...this is just from what i have seen from other mustangs...if you all have some proof that i am wrong...please tell me
okay.. lets assume a few factors with this kid here, just based on the type of comments that have been made:

shot of nitrous - relatively unimportant. I mean, not unimportant at all ordinarily but with this kid.. 8's or 9's are more reasonable than 7's just based on the comments alone. hell, even if 7's are realistic for that setup, there are much faster cars in Roanoke or the surrounding areas. 7's are damn quick, but I don't think that's realistic for that setup.

gears - my gears, personally, made a big difference in the lower end.. but again, I don't think any gears are going to take this kids setup into the 7's.

tires - lets just assume they're bald street tires from doing burnouts every chance possible. I would almost guarantee you will never see slicks on this car

tune - I'll bet there isn't one. If there IS a motor swap, it was dumped under the hood, all the lines were connected, wired up, etc.. and that's all. Maybe a cone filter, some gears, and nitrous... it's going to take more than that (and even with a good tune, it'll still take a LOT more than that) to claim it's the fastest car in Roanoke. Go out to cruise night next year, spin around in circles for 1 minute, then point to a car.. any car.. and I'll bet that's faster than this kids car.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:58 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

You should've gone and run your Mustang at Super Chevy Show so they could've knocked you out in the first round. Those cars that run up there are no joke. As a matter of fact I'm sure you can make your way down here and run my uncle's slow ass El Camino.

Wish I could've gone.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:43 PM
LS1=Overrated

lol true zero cool...but hey fast V6 guy...errr i mean GT...what color is ur car?

Quick Reply: Super Chevy