Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

suspension shops????

Old 10-09-2005, 12:35 AM
LS1=Overrated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Way2SloLS1 has disabled reputation
Unhappy suspension shops????

anyone know of any good suspension shops in or around roanoke? my friends thought they knew how to switch my lowering springs with another friends regular springs...and now my suspension is horrible. makes a noise like a flat tire, wheel shakes, car shakes...its rough lol..but if anyone knows of any good reputable shops please lemme know. thanks
Old 10-09-2005, 07:24 AM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: suspension shops????

To change springs? Dude seriously, you dont need a specialized shop to change springs. Proceed to punch your friends in the face, and then redo your spring job.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:33 AM
Registered Member

slammed has disabled reputation

you need a alignment now with the drop springs
Old 10-09-2005, 02:20 PM
LS1=Overrated

i kno...me and 2 friends put my lowering springs on a year ago. my friend's girlfriend wanted lowering springs and i was tired of mine. i have a 99 trans am and she has an 02 z28(same suspension). when my springs were first put on we did a great job, they were perfect. this is a differant group of friends. they swapped our two springs but messed something up. i dont kno what. me and another friend are gonna take them apart again tomorrow probably. i have the stock springs in mine now.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:44 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Way2SloLS1
i kno...me and 2 friends put my lowering springs on a year ago. my friend's girlfriend wanted lowering springs and i was tired of mine. i have a 99 trans am and she has an 02 z28(same suspension). when my springs were first put on we did a great job, they were perfect. this is a differant group of friends. they swapped our two springs but messed something up. i dont kno what. me and another friend are gonna take them apart again tomorrow probably. i have the stock springs in mine now.
Why did you go back to stock springs? just didn't like the driveability problems of being lowered or what?
Old 10-09-2005, 10:57 PM
LS1=Overrated

Originally Posted by GaRn
Why did you go back to stock springs? just didn't like the driveability problems of being lowered or what?
yeah pretty much...i got tired of dodging bumps all the time and most headers for my car lower ground clearance....and im thinking about going with true dual exhaust and need as much room as i can make....my rims rubbed real bad when launching,turning, and hitting gears...ummm....i think thats about it lol...one time i actually ripped the exhaust pipe off of my y-pipe when i was pulling out of guys and dolls it was so low...so i got tired of it haha
Old 10-10-2005, 12:08 AM
Slowbra Driver

D1g1tal V3n0m is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah pretty much...i got tired of dodging bumps all the time and most headers for my car lower ground clearance....and im thinking about going with true dual exhaust and need as much room as i can make....my rims rubbed real bad when launching,turning, and hitting gears...ummm....i think thats about it lol...one time i actually ripped the exhaust pipe off of my y-pipe when i was pulling out of guys and dolls it was so low...so i got tired of it haha
I know what you mean. LTs on the Slowbra scrape like a bitch.

Try a caster camber kit or something if you can. I know shit about F-Buddies.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:29 AM
LS1=Overrated

mine isnt lowered anymore...i am at stock ride height right now.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:00 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

mine isnt lowered anymore...i am at stock ride height right now.
Yea, they don't seem to bad stock anyways, my car looked like a 4wd haha...
Old 10-10-2005, 03:18 PM
LS1=Overrated

i might have an answer...just need to fix it now...the wheel studs on my front tires are somewhat stripped and two of them right next to each other are broke off. soo im guessin i need to replace the 10 front studs. i can shake the wheel while it is on my car. i tightened them and drove 2 blocks. stopped and was loose again

Quick Reply: suspension shops????