Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Testing Waters: Dyno Day

Old 08-01-2005, 01:56 PM
I <3 2JZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Testing Waters: Dyno Day

200whp is nice Garn, and it sounds like everyone did well. I'm really considering buying a viscous coupler and joining you all in fwd for a day.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:51 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by srt4hokie
you must be thinking of someone else, I did not drop bellow 11 until 5400 rpms, stock turbo srt's stop making power at 5500 so I let the stock computer take over at 5400 to keep things safe.

from 2500-3700 I'm at 13.5-13 and from 3700-5000 I'm at 12-13 and from 5000-5400 I'm in the good zone...

From 2500-5000 the emanage has no more room to add fuel it is maxed out unless I raise the map clamp some and allow the stock computer to add a little more fuel, but that's no fun...
you ended up wayyy rich there torwards the end, which killed power..I realize the srt doesen't make much up top but with enough fuel to be spitting black dots out the tailpipe your not helping the situation.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:32 AM
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by srt4hokie
I seem to be out of fuel, shouldn't be and I'm not when I'm in Blacksburg and higher, but down in Roanoke I'm all taped out and shouldn't be. I should be good to 320 hp or so with the 590's from stage 2...

With the stage 2 computer controlling things, I run 10:1 like Rob did, but with the emanage running the show and the advanced timing it’s running that lean…

looks like it's time for a bigger pump and a return line.
Well I talked to the guy that I bought the emanage from and he had me do an experiment. I found a ocean of fuel lost inside my emanage. Running the same map I ran at the dyno with this modification to the emanage I was running an A/F lower then 9:1 as soon as I hit WOT during a pull on the interstate. It was so bad the car was bucking and stumbling...

Only down side is it causes a CEL because now the stock ECU can see the emanage...