Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Is there a black turbo Cobra in Roanoke?

Old 11-26-2006, 06:46 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Is there a black turbo Cobra in Roanoke?

I would almost swear this bitch was turbo'd... I've heard supercharged setups with diverter/blow off valves, but when I saw this black Cobra take off on Hershberger a little while ago, I heard spool.. It sounded so demonic that I chacked my shoulder to see if Satan himself was sitting behind me whispering in my ear. I heard spool, and then a blow off valve or diverter valve releasing pressure. Again, I know dv's and bov's are not limited to turbocharged setups, but I've never heard a newer generation s/c'd Cobra that didn't whine.

So if anyone knows anything about the car, what are the specs? Sounded great!
Old 11-26-2006, 06:48 PM
Famous...

rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Is there a black turbo Cobra in Roanoke?

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I would almost swear this bitch was turbo'd... I've heard supercharged setups with diverter/blow off valves, but when I saw this black Cobra take off on Hershberger a little while ago, I heard spool.. It sounded so demonic that I chacked my shoulder to see if Satan himself was sitting behind me whispering in my ear. I heard spool, and then a blow off valve or diverter valve releasing pressure. Again, I know dv's and bov's are not limited to turbocharged setups, but I've never heard a newer generation s/c'd Cobra that didn't whine.

So if anyone knows anything about the car, what are the specs? Sounded great!

So it was a 03-04 model? Bad fucking ass. Turbo Cobras.... Mmmm.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:51 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by rotorsownyou7
So it was a 03-04 model? Bad fucking ass. Turbo Cobras.... Mmmm.
I assume. It was that body style. I didn't get a good look at it. I was at an intersecting redlight next to my girlfriend talking to her through the window and all the sudden I heard a loud screeching and spooling noise, followed by a pressure release that sounded like Satan sneezing.

Don't know much else about this particular car, other than the fact that it seems apparent to have been turbo'd, and that it looked to be the 03/04 body style, but may have been another year. Other than that, the car was a dark color which seemed to be black, and was gone before I had a chance to scope it out from the light.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

I love turbo cobras.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:55 PM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by BMC
I love turbo cobras.
I love... lamp.

No, seriously, I love you D-bo.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:14 AM
ded
slo truk

ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute

Only black Cobra I've seen here is the one that hangs out at the tattoo shop on Williamson across from Bank of America, it has black wheels with way wrong sized tires on it (stupid lil rubber bands). I've never seen it driving tho.

Easiest way to spot if it's an '03/'04 is if the spoiler is part of the trunk, if it's raised up, then it's a '99/'01.

And yes, turbo'd Cobras rock. Once I finish the new shortblock, I may be swapping the Paxton for a T76
Old 11-27-2006, 04:25 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by bad360rt
. Once I finish the new shortblock, I may be swapping the Paxton for a T76
*droool*

maybe the car had an aftermarket cetrifugal blower on it?they can sound kind of similar to a turbo,but usually make a lot of noise at idle,which a turbo wouldn't do.
the Roots blown stock Cobras only make noise when you're on the throttle,and it's nowhere near a turbo sound.
Chris
Old 11-27-2006, 04:37 AM
ded
slo truk

ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TNGChris
*droool*
Chris
LOL You and me both. A buddy of mine went 11.4@120 on 18psi with a blower, then built his own T76 setup and just went 10.9@124 on 15psi, gotta love turbo efficiency He'll be building the kit for me if/when I swap.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:07 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by TNGChris
*droool*

maybe the car had an aftermarket cetrifugal blower on it?they can sound kind of similar to a turbo,but usually make a lot of noise at idle,which a turbo wouldn't do.
the Roots blown stock Cobras only make noise when you're on the throttle,and it's nowhere near a turbo sound.
Chris
I'm not ruling that out, but I'd like to think I know the difference between a supercharger and a turbo

It may have very well been a crazy blower, and I can't argue that since it was so far away and I did not notice it until it was moving. With that said, I think I would have heard it idling too if that was the case. I had my window down, and if it was making that much noise under load, it would have made some noise at an idle too.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:41 AM
Famous...

rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation

It could have very well been turbo. Not like thats a big deal or really rare. I would love to to a turbo 94-95 Cobra.

Quick Reply: Is there a black turbo Cobra in Roanoke?