Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Is there a black turbo Cobra in Roanoke?

Old 11-27-2006, 05:31 PM
Slowbra Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D1g1tal V3n0m is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is there a black turbo Cobra in Roanoke?

Originally Posted by rotorsownyou7
You could probably shoot up to 500 yards or so.

Since you are always ot of town, why not let me take care of the Cobra?
May be up for sale here soon. Dunno yet.

As far as your range goes what is limiting it to 500 yards? Elevation, Dirt mound or such? I'm trying to find a nice range around here that would be free or somewhat free. Shit I'd pay to use your range if something could be worked out.

My biggest thing is I'd like to stretch my .308 out as much as possible and have somewhere to just shoot and have fun.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:34 PM
Famous...

rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Uhh, probably because you'd sell or trade it!
Very true... I'd change my mind once I got it.

Originally Posted by D1g1tal V3n0m
May be up for sale here soon. Dunno yet.

As far as your range goes what is limiting it to 500 yards? Elevation, Dirt mound or such? I'm trying to find a nice range around here that would be free or somewhat free. Shit I'd pay to use your range if something could be worked out.

My biggest thing is I'd like to stretch my .308 out as much as possible and have somewhere to just shoot and have fun.
Sell it to me cheap. Please!

Limits are trees. My "range" is really just a field. And it isn't flat either. I have other areas where you could probably shoot for a LONG way. But I don't own the places.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:40 PM
Slowbra Driver

Very true... I'd change my mind once I got it.

Sell it to me cheap. Please!

Limits are trees. My "range" is really just a field. And it isn't flat either. I have other areas where you could probably shoot for a LONG way. But I don't own the places.
The Slowbra may be for sale sometime. Dunno yet but I will post it on here when it is for sale.

A field is fine by me. My main thing is 500 yards is more then adequate for my .308 but 1000 yards would be nice to try some. Not being flat is no big deal to me as long as the elevation drops from where I am shooting to the target since at 500 yards I will have to compensate for bullet drop. Even 200 yards would be fine to sight in my rifle.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Famous...

Originally Posted by D1g1tal V3n0m
The Slowbra may be for sale sometime. Dunno yet but I will post it on here when it is for sale.

A field is fine by me. My main thing is 500 yards is more then adequate for my .308 but 1000 yards would be nice to try some. Not being flat is no big deal to me as long as the elevation drops from where I am shooting to the target since at 500 yards I will have to compensate for bullet drop. Even 200 yards would be fine to sight in my rifle.
Hell, I easily have that. The land isn't mine but its my neighbors and my uncle comes and shoots his new guns all the time. He lives at the beach so he doesn't have anywhere to shoot either. We shoot into targets that are mounted on a bank. I usually shoot off the deck on his cabin, but thats only 100 yards. The hill behind the cabin could allow a 300-400 yard shot I would think.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:07 PM
Slowbra Driver

Hell, I easily have that. The land isn't mine but its my neighbors and my uncle comes and shoots his new guns all the time. He lives at the beach so he doesn't have anywhere to shoot either. We shoot into targets that are mounted on a bank. I usually shoot off the deck on his cabin, but thats only 100 yards. The hill behind the cabin could allow a 300-400 yard shot I would think.
That's cool. I usually shoot off my Harris bipod or free hand. May buy a nice benchrest here soon and get into some benchrest shooting from 500+. We'll have to go shooting one day

My problem is we have 50 acres but it's mountain side.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:10 PM
Registered Member

FRCE PWR has disabled reputation

The car is more than likely a black Procharged GT from the Blacksburg area. He may have BOSSTON on the tags. That car has a wicked sound because of the blow off valve. Of course, being a centrifugal blower, it blows off almost all the time.

Dex, should you ever go the mustang route, do yourself a favor and go with a 4V. Better flowing heads, less tuning issues, stronger crank, stronger block, etc. A stock motored 03/04 Cobra with 15-17 psi from a turbo will make 650 at the wheels all day long. of course, you need all the supporting mods to go with it.

Steve
Old 11-27-2006, 10:21 PM
Registered Member

Matt 5.9 has disabled reputation

BOSSTON

ive seen and heard that car...f iing siiiiiiick

there is a black slowwy at western i see everyday. of course it has EXHAUUUUST and some big fat meats on the back. def not turbo tho

315 IIRC

i dont like black cobras because you cant see the black on the back bumper like you can on a zinc yellow or anyother color for that matter
Old 11-28-2006, 02:59 AM
Famous...

Originally Posted by FRCE PWR
The car is more than likely a black Procharged GT from the Blacksburg area. He may have BOSSTON on the tags. That car has a wicked sound because of the blow off valve. Of course, being a centrifugal blower, it blows off almost all the time.

Dex, should you ever go the mustang route, do yourself a favor and go with a 4V. Better flowing heads, less tuning issues, stronger crank, stronger block, etc. A stock motored 03/04 Cobra with 15-17 psi from a turbo will make 650 at the wheels all day long. of course, you need all the supporting mods to go with it.

Steve
Really? I haven't researched a lot about the 4v's. I just know they are much more expensive when you start doing this kind of thing. I might start small and do a turbo 5.0 with low boost. Any reason not to? I know the blocks are weak... But I wouldn't want to spend a lot of money until maybe later.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:02 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Go 4V and never look back. I used to be a diehard 5.0 guy until I got this 4V. The stock blocks/crank can handle 1000hp with no problem. The weakness in the '96-'98 is the powdered rods/pistons, same with the '99 and '01. The blocks of the '96-'98 are acutally a little stronger and more desirable than the '99/'01. The heads on the '99/'01 (C Heads) are better for NA applications while the '96-'98 heads (B) flow better under FI. And yes, they are expensive mod, work on, get parts for.

And I've got plenty of 1000 yard flat stretches if anyone wants to come down and do some shooting. I've done 500 yards with my .308 and .30-06, never tried a 1000.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:11 AM
Broke

QwkCoupe has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by TNGChris
how many street turbo Mustangs are there around here?none i've ever seen.

haha,FC people don't know what a turbo is as far as Domestics go.Nitrous or Roots blower FTW.turbos are for your Superduty to haul your car to the track.
Chris
I've got one.

351W EFI > modular

Last edited by QwkCoupe; 11-28-2006 at 04:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Is there a black turbo Cobra in Roanoke?