Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Is there a black turbo Cobra in Roanoke?

Old 11-30-2006, 05:41 AM
ded
slo truk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there a black turbo Cobra in Roanoke?

Originally Posted by QwkCoupe
Its tagged and all but I dont drive it much. I've taken it out a few times to "play". I mainly just run it 1/8mile tracks.
What's it run? Nice air in the pic
Old 11-30-2006, 06:41 AM
Broke

QwkCoupe has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by bad360rt
What's it run? Nice air in the pic
In that picture I was actually leaving on motor bout a 5000RPM drop . Last year with the 5spd it ran 8.20s on motor, 7.20-7.30s on 150shot. Leaving on the jug it hangs the tires close to a foot in the air. Im hoping for somewhere in the mid to low 6's with the turbo/glide setup once we get it dailed in.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:41 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

D'oh.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:47 PM
SuperNeon

koreandragn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by K20_hisatch
First- the name of this thread needs to be changed to how to build a turbo mustang.
I didn't know building a turbo mustang was much different than building a turbo <insert car name here>.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Poop Ban-nana owns U

BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme

Originally Posted by BMC
I love turbo cobras.
how about turbo GT's?
Old 12-01-2006, 07:26 AM
ded
slo truk

ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute

In that picture I was actually leaving on motor bout a 5000RPM drop . Last year with the 5spd it ran 8.20s on motor, 7.20-7.30s on 150shot. Leaving on the jug it hangs the tires close to a foot in the air. Im hoping for somewhere in the mid to low 6's with the turbo/glide setup once we get it dailed in.
Sweet. I'd like to see low 7's, maybe a high 6 on my current setup, ran 7.45 in street trim on DR's. Building a new shortblock and then I'll probably swap the Paxton for a turbo, should get interesting after that
Old 12-01-2006, 07:49 AM
Broke

QwkCoupe has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by bad360rt
Sweet. I'd like to see low 7's, maybe a high 6 on my current setup, ran 7.45 in street trim on DR's. Building a new shortblock and then I'll probably swap the Paxton for a turbo, should get interesting after that
You running a novi 2K? 7.45 Is getting down, are you going to build a stroker or stick with 360? Let me know if you need any Mopar Performance parts I work for a dodge dealer I can get you a good deal .
Old 12-01-2006, 08:45 AM
ded
slo truk

You running a novi 2K? 7.45 Is getting down, are you going to build a stroker or stick with 360? Let me know if you need any Mopar Performance parts I work for a dodge dealer I can get you a good deal .
Yup, Novi-2K at about 15psi right now. My best ever is a 7.24 on an 11.31 run, that was on slicks/skinnies tho. Staying 360, got a good deal on a billet crank and I just picked up an R3 block for the build. Good to know there's a local parts guy, I've been getting all my Mopar stuff from a guy out in WA (just over cost, but then I have to pay shipping).