Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Thunder Valley Karts

Old 05-17-2005, 03:52 PM
Ivy Tadita

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Thunder Valley Karts

This is a pretty good idea. I vote for sunday morning. Since most of us work a mon-fri. There is also a track out an outdoor track at the lake which is pretty big It's fun to do as well.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:00 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by cootees
This is a pretty good idea. I vote for sunday morning. Since most of us work a mon-fri. There is also a track out an outdoor track at the lake which is pretty big It's fun to do as well.
When the FUCK is that place at the lake open? Every time I've been in the area it's dead there.. Are they open and just not having any traffic, or are they closed for the season?

I want to get on the fastest karts possible!
Old 05-17-2005, 06:20 PM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

I am sure it is seasonal. It should be open now, or getting ready to open. They never stay busy, it is inexspensive to ride and there are usually 15 or 16 year old kids watching the karts so they don't typically mind if you race dirty.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:33 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by cootees
I am sure it is seasonal. It should be open now, or getting ready to open. They never stay busy, it is inexspensive to ride and there are usually 15 or 16 year old kids watching the karts so they don't typically mind if you race dirty.
dude, I'm there. name the time and place and we can set up a second kart day.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:25 AM
It tilts

AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation

Ditto..i sometime get sundays off..but iam going to have to ride some one..sat night i work 11pm-8am..and i REALLY dont want to drive piss poor tired...
Old 05-18-2005, 04:20 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

The track at the lake may or may not be open this season. The people at Thunder Valley have been talking about buying them.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:22 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by Cosmo
The track at the lake may or may not be open this season. The people at Thunder Valley have been talking about buying them.
For what purpose? To take it over, or to doze it down and prevent competition? Hopefully not dozing it down. That would be stupid, as much as land probably costs at the lake in that particular area... With all the new commercialization at SML, I'm sure property prices have gone up even higher.

They must have some serious loot if they're planning to buy them out though!
Old 05-18-2005, 05:29 AM
Registered Member

Well, they have about $350k in that miniature golf course, and over a million in all the rest. But, the SML track is hurting financially from what I hear, so it might be a "deal they can't refuse" kind of thing.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:16 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by Cosmo
Well, they have about $350k in that miniature golf course, and over a million in all the rest. But, the SML track is hurting financially from what I hear, so it might be a "deal they can't refuse" kind of thing.
WTF!?! $350k in the miniature golf course? I haven't played on it but when I saw it under construction, I personally thought it looked sort of cheap. Fuck! That's a lot of money.. lol. How can that little thing be $350k and the two tracks and the rest of the facility only be worth 500k?

I'm really looking forward to owning my own company in the next few years. I'm going to let Allstate pay for my 4 year education first, and then I will hopefully be ready to tackle the world. I'm really looking forward to parking my first SL55 in my first 4 car garage..
Old 05-18-2005, 06:25 AM
Registered Member

You'd be suprised how much stuff like that costs....

Quick Reply: Thunder Valley Karts