Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

time for a re-build

Old 04-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Yep...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaMach04 has disabled reputation
Default time for a re-build

the mach is dead. time for a re-build. gonna shoot for around 400-450hp. that seems like a nice round number for a street car.

We are currently taking it apart to see what i broke. so maybe it will end up being something easy, but more than likely im gonna need new pistons, and hope to god no damage has been done to the block.

if you want updates and pics and stuff, check out the 2nd page on my cardomain.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/685450

Hope to have it back out in just a few months. i dont want to miss everything this summer.
also be on the look out for cars with the "11:11 Motorsports" Stickers.

my car, SR20det S13 240, Vortech s/c V6 tiburon w/ a few other mods, and a ls1 transam (non-ws6)

nothing real special but decent cars.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:13 PM
ded
slo truk

ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: time for a re-build

How'd you break it?
Old 04-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by bad360rt
How'd you break it?
its a Ford, do you have to try and break it? I thought they did that naturally.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:02 PM
ded
slo truk

ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
its a Ford, do you have to try and break it? I thought they did that naturally.

Good point

Just curious as to how you toast the pistons on a mild bolton n/a car?
Old 04-28-2007, 02:46 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

not running EGR will melt the fuck out of a mod engine piston if they are run hard, unless they are richened up.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:31 AM
Registered Member

FRCE PWR has disabled reputation

Who is gonna do the re-build for you? If you havn't found someone, let me know. I can get you in touch with a guy that built/re-built both of my 4.6 DOHC. Both made over 600 to the wheels and stayed together with me beating the piss out of them.

BTW, were you sparaying the car or something? I havn't heard of too many of those N/A motors that break.

Steve
Old 04-28-2007, 04:36 AM
Registered Member

FRCE PWR has disabled reputation

BTW, just read your car domain thing. Why are you taking the bumper and fenders off? No need to do all that. You can leave the radiator in it, and still pull the motor and trans together out of the top. It will be tight, but will come out. If you drop the tranny first, the motor has all kinds of room. Good Luck!

Steve
Old 04-28-2007, 05:14 AM
Yep...

DaMach04 has disabled reputation

Im taking the fenders and bumbper off just to protect them. I dont want them getting scratched and dented from someone leaning over them. probably dont need to, but better safe than sorry.

and im not sure what caused the motor to go. probably me running the hell out of it for a couple years. i will find out whats wrong with it after i get it apart. it just gradually started making strange noises, and then got worse and eventually just died. It all happened within like 3-4 days so i didnt realy have time to figure it out before it died.

the crap part, is the motor went out less than 5K miles after the warranty was over. that pissed me off more than anything.