Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Tint laws changing, maybe!

Old 02-21-2011, 07:38 AM
management

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom
Default Re: Tint laws changing, maybe!

Originally Posted by JROW
My buddy just got a doctors note saying that he needs tint to see properly, lol He gets tint tickets all the time, his tint is like 20%, but now he can get away with it.
i know someone with the same note but has 5-10% all around and 50% on the front windshield.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:24 AM
Registered Member

jdm ek 9 has disabled reputation

I'm going to hold off to see how this goes. I hope so I was thinking of tinting the eg windows. Yep Va suck for these gay ass window tint ticket. I just want to pick my nose in peace at the stop light with out being judged by the person nexted to me. Haha
Old 02-21-2011, 11:05 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

do it, like a boss.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:53 AM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Originally Posted by jdm ek 9
I'm going to hold off to see how this goes. I hope so I was thinking of tinting the eg windows. Yep Va suck for these gay ass window tint ticket. I just want to pick my nose in peace at the stop light with out being judged by the person nexted to me. Haha
Hahahaha I can picture it.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Atlas is dead

Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo Voodoo

i've been lucky, i have 15% all the way round (not the windshield, lol) and have yet to be harassed by the rozzers...

Last edited by Voodoo; 02-21-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:21 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Stupid people are stupid
Old 02-21-2011, 02:12 PM
www.flat4va.com

05GrayWRX has disabled reputation

Too late for the tint law. Senate Transportation committee killed it at their meeting last Thursday. Good news is that the House portion of the General Assembly did pass it, so next year be sure to contact your members of the General Assembly early (bills are submitted in late Dec to early January) if you support the bill. Both House of Delegates and Senate need to approve the bill to send it to the Gov for a signature.

Bill summary/history
http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp...111+sum+HB1728

pearl350z is right about police not supporting the bill. Early on it seemed to be moving along fine, made it out of the House Transportation Committee, then passed in the House of Delegates, then was sent to Senate Transportation Committee ... then the State Police voiced their "concerns" about the bill and it didn't make it out of the Senate Transportation Committee.

Oh, IIRC, Delegate Carrico that penned and sponsored the bill, is a retired State Trooper.

Last edited by 05GrayWRX; 02-21-2011 at 02:20 PM. Reason: rambling
Old 02-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Registered member

Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508 Johnny508

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
Stupid people are stupid
What.........

Is your rep on?

Last edited by Johnny508; 02-21-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:31 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by pearl350z
Recently, a bill created by Charles Carrico that will allow for 35% tent for the front windows passed the House! I've been thinking of tinting my windows, so it may be worth holding out to see if this gets passed by the senate. I realize a tint ticket isn't a huge issue, but in my opinion, cops pull folks over for tint far more than other "equipment" failures. I guess I could be wrong, but I'm afraid a tint pullover could result in several other "equipment" tickets, haha!

I saw a summary of recent bills passed by the house on virginia police website, and it seems like they are using this issue as a way to rally awareness and funds to kill this bill and others, which seems kind of silly to me. I guess it's the whole "officer can't see inside car during routine stops and increases risk of harm to officer" argument.

It would just be nice to be able to legally use 35% in the front and back, instead of varying percentages. Here's a link about the progress. What's everyone else think about this?

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...bil&val=HB1728
but cops in north Carolina, west Virginia, south Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee, new york and new jersey can all see fine with 35% and darker.....? but i guess VA cops are born semi-blind?
Old 02-21-2011, 06:58 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by Johnny508
What.........

Is your rep on?
Yea it is...and I've been around long enough to see one of these every year...

Quick Reply: Tint laws changing, maybe!