Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Tint laws changing, maybe!

Old 02-21-2011, 07:05 PM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt
Default Re: Tint laws changing, maybe!

Originally Posted by Johnny508
What.........

Is your rep on?
Yeah but yours isn't. Please fix.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:49 AM
Registered Member

pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z

Originally Posted by 05GrayWRX
Too late for the tint law. Senate Transportation committee killed it at their meeting last Thursday. Good news is that the House portion of the General Assembly did pass it, so next year be sure to contact your members of the General Assembly early (bills are submitted in late Dec to early January) if you support the bill. Both House of Delegates and Senate need to approve the bill to send it to the Gov for a signature.

Bill summary/history
http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp...111+sum+HB1728

pearl350z is right about police not supporting the bill. Early on it seemed to be moving along fine, made it out of the House Transportation Committee, then passed in the House of Delegates, then was sent to Senate Transportation Committee ... then the State Police voiced their "concerns" about the bill and it didn't make it out of the Senate Transportation Committee.

Oh, IIRC, Delegate Carrico that penned and sponsored the bill, is a retired State Trooper.
Interesting, thanks for the information. Although, I'm still a little confused and don't know the correct resources to check. Your link is basically the same link I posted, and the last entry, the one from last Thursday, reads:

02/17/11 Senate: Passed by indefinitely in Transportation with letter (15-Y 0-N)

I'm not as familiar with the political lingo/language as I used to be, but doesn't that infer that it got past Senate Transportation? Or, maybe the summary where it was killed hasn't been updated yet?
Old 02-22-2011, 09:35 AM
www.flat4va.com

05GrayWRX has disabled reputation

Passed by indefinitely usually means the Committee isn't going to vote on the bill this session so it is stuck there. However, the PBI designation allows them to bring it back up for a vote before the end of the session (Feb 26th). I guess if some group really pushed it, or tint law was a hot political issue, it could come back up. Timing just isn't right for it. The bill would have to make it out of Senate Transportation Committee's meeting on Thursday afternoon then pass the full Senate on Friday.

I meant to post the link to the Senate Transportation Committee members too http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?111+com+S11

General Assembly lingo here:
http://legis.state.va.us/1_cit_guide/howabill.htm
Old 02-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Registered Member

pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z pearl350z

Gotcha... Thanks for the clarification.

Originally Posted by 05GrayWRX
Passed by indefinitely usually means the Committee isn't going to vote on the bill this session so it is stuck there. However, the PBI designation allows them to bring it back up for a vote before the end of the session (Feb 26th). I guess if some group really pushed it, or tint law was a hot political issue, it could come back up. Timing just isn't right for it. The bill would have to make it out of Senate Transportation Committee's meeting on Thursday afternoon then pass the full Senate on Friday.

I meant to post the link to the Senate Transportation Committee members too http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?111+com+S11

General Assembly lingo here:
http://legis.state.va.us/1_cit_guide/howabill.htm
Old 02-22-2011, 09:51 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

I have never been pulled.

I am currently running 5% all around and 50% on the front windshield.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:54 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Originally Posted by L_U_C_K
I have never been pulled.

I am currently running 5% all around and 50% on the front windshield.
Come down here to Va Beach this summer, VBPD fix that real fast.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:54 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
real fast is an under statement. Superman wishes he was faster than VBPD when it comes to pulling people for dumb shit
Old 02-22-2011, 03:03 PM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
I was down this past weekend. On ocean front, no issues.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:14 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

and you didn't PM me? i live in VB chump
Old 02-24-2011, 11:50 AM
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but I've always noticed police troopers and vehicles to have very dark tint on the rear and front of their vehicles, definitely darker than 50%.

(Insert typical do as I say, not as I do comment)

I was always harassed and stopped by state troopers for the windows on my talon, they were 35% in the front.

Quick Reply: Tint laws changing, maybe!