Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Tint laws changing, maybe!

Old 04-09-2011, 11:55 AM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Tint laws changing, maybe!

I've never been harassed for tint, and I've had several vehicles with 35% all the way around--minus windshield. I just tinted the front windows on the Jeep to 20% and it's dark but I don't forsee having any problems from it... The main thing is that people are usually driving obnoxious vehicles or something flashy that gets a lot of attention both negative and positive alike. If, for some reason you get pulled over, roll the windows down prior to the officer approaching your windows and it's doubtful that you'll be cited for them even if that's why they pulled you over--unless they're incredibly dark, like two layers of 5% or something.

I do agree that it doesn't make sense that police in other states don't seem to feel that it's as much as a safety problem as the law enforcement in Virginia. I understand that it can make their jobs more hazardous, and don't disagree with that, but what logical defense is there for all of the things that are legal (and a non-issue) in other states that are illegal here? Radar detectors, accent lighting, suspension modifications, exhaust, window tint, etc)... In Florida it seems like you can do virtually anything you want and not be harassed about it. I've seen lifted trucks that are at eye level with tractor trailers and it's perfectly legal to drive it on the street there.