Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Transmission Shops around Roanoke?

Old 06-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Go Team Marlboro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo
Default Re: Transmission Shops around Roanoke?

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
600 killer eh? On pump? God that's tempting.
don't take it personal, but I've seen stock turbo cars keep up with some 600's.

Tempt us not, let see if it will devour the new ones..?
Old 06-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Fanatacism

orrickr has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo

mmmmm
Old 06-01-2008, 07:59 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I'm not taking it personally whatsoever. I bought a smaller bike for a reason (I think it's silly, personally, racing a motorcycle in any sort of straight line), but I do run with a lot of bigger bikes on highway pulls and straight stretches. Don't get me wrong, it's far from being anything impressive on a drag strip, but I wouldn't sleep on it in a car. My 636 makes more horsepower than my beater, and weighs a couple thousand pounds less

I know your car is fast, but I still don't know if you're going to be "devouring" my little old 600 (636; 637 true cc's)

I guess we can find out sometime in the future as long as it stays friendly.

BTW, I'm curious to know what stock turbo car you've ever seen run down a 600... or were you purely meaning just keeping up with? I know that's all you said, but do you mean keep up with like side by side, or a few cars back, or what? People generally underestimate what it actually takes to run with a motorcycle in the average car, whether we're talking about a 636 or a ZX14R. I know you're supposed to be making something in the 500 range, right? I'm definitely not doubting you would be able to hold your own, but I wouldn't start counting me out just yet solely based on the fact that it's a "smaller" bike. You know?

Last edited by VanillaThrilla; 06-01-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

I'm not taking it personally whatsoever. I bought a smaller bike for a reason (I think it's silly, personally, racing a motorcycle in any sort of straight line), but I do run with a lot of bigger bikes on highway pulls and straight stretches. Don't get me wrong, it's far from being anything impressive on a drag strip, but I wouldn't sleep on it in a car. My 636 makes more horsepower than my beater, and weighs a couple thousand pounds less

I know your car is fast, but I still don't know if you're going to be "devouring" my little old 600 (636; 637 true cc's)

I guess we can find out sometime in the future as long as it stays friendly.

BTW, I'm curious to know what stock turbo car you've ever seen run down a 600... or were you purely meaning just keeping up with? I know that's all you said, but do you mean keep up with like side by side, or a few cars back, or what? People generally underestimate what it actually takes to run with a motorcycle in the average car, whether we're talking about a 636 or a ZX14R. I know you're supposed to be making something in the 500 range, right? I'm definitely not doubting you would be able to hold your own, but I wouldn't start counting me out just yet solely based on the fact that it's a "smaller" bike. You know?

Unless the bike is a 50cc I don't really consider it small. I mean as you stated they make more power than most cars and weigh 1/10 of what a car does.. Sorry, I guess my humor wasn't very well stated, and you and I don't really know eachother so it would be hard for you to not take what I say seriously. Hence, the devour word, sorry

I know my car would not beat your bike, I know it probably won't beat most of them, and quite frankly I'm not really worried about it. I'm all in it for fun, not biggest dick contest, not I'm better than you, nothing. Just playing around and good ole fashioned fun.

The stock turbo car's I've seen were cammed and making 330-350whp. From 3rd gear roll on's they hang with and eventually up top start pulling the 600's. Do notice I said SOME, so that leaves a lot to be thought about. An F4 vs an RR is a totally diff ballgame, just as would be a car vs f4 or car vs rr.

Regardless, if for shits and giggles and for the sake of doing it, if you like I'll meet up with you one nite. No shame!
Old 06-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Registered Member

sidewaysfox is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd watch
Old 06-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

I'd like to come a long as well.

Adam,
Were you at the lake last night? I was, I didn't really see what you looked like on Friday night at the bike shop but the guy I saw at the lake looked like the guy Casey pointed out...It was probably you. haha

Ben,
Not doubting your post, i'd love to be able to hang with a 600 if I only had 330-350whp. haha I just don't see it happening, at least in any of my cars. Maybe those cars were freaks, or the 600s were a slower class. Who knows. When we do runs we go 60-110. Which is most likely the sweet spot for bikes...at least it is for the GSXR750

I think if we were ballsy and ran to 140+ then i'd have a better chance....against the 600s I mean. But I have yet to run any 600s, they seem like anytime we're out playing around they're almost as fast as that damn 750!!! And the 1000 leaves all of us.

I was out in the Supra a few nights ago and ran Craig's 750. Through 3rd gear he started putting at least 2-3CLs on me. But then I missed 4th gear so it was all over. I felt like I was going to keep things even (where he doesn't gain much more than 2-3CL), had I gotten into 4th, but that didn't happen. haha

Anyways,
If any of you guys want to go out one of these nights let me know. It'll be good to plan it ahead though, no last minute stuff, it rarely pans out, as we know.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:37 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Unless the bike is a 50cc I don't really consider it small. I mean as you stated they make more power than most cars and weigh 1/10 of what a car does.. Sorry, I guess my humor wasn't very well stated, and you and I don't really know eachother so it would be hard for you to not take what I say seriously. Hence, the devour word, sorry

I know my car would not beat your bike, I know it probably won't beat most of them, and quite frankly I'm not really worried about it. I'm all in it for fun, not biggest dick contest, not I'm better than you, nothing. Just playing around and good ole fashioned fun.

The stock turbo car's I've seen were cammed and making 330-350whp. From 3rd gear roll on's they hang with and eventually up top start pulling the 600's. Do notice I said SOME, so that leaves a lot to be thought about. An F4 vs an RR is a totally diff ballgame, just as would be a car vs f4 or car vs rr.

Regardless, if for shits and giggles and for the sake of doing it, if you like I'll meet up with you one nite. No shame!

Yeah, we'll do it.

I wasn't trying to come across as being defensive.. It's not a big deal to me and I guess the way I responded makes it appear that it is/was. I don't care about getting involved in a pissing contest so I'm glad we're both looking for the same thing.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:39 PM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
I'd like to come a long as well.

Adam,
Were you at the lake last night? I was, I didn't really see what you looked like on Friday night at the bike shop but the guy I saw at the lake looked like the guy Casey pointed out...It was probably you. haha

Ben,
Not doubting your post, i'd love to be able to hang with a 600 if I only had 330-350whp. haha I just don't see it happening, at least in any of my cars. Maybe those cars were freaks, or the 600s were a slower class. Who knows. When we do runs we go 60-110. Which is most likely the sweet spot for bikes...at least it is for the GSXR750

I think if we were ballsy and ran to 140+ then i'd have a better chance....against the 600s I mean. But I have yet to run any 600s, they seem like anytime we're out playing around they're almost as fast as that damn 750!!! And the 1000 leaves all of us.

I was out in the Supra a few nights ago and ran Craig's 750. Through 3rd gear he started putting at least 2-3CLs on me. But then I missed 4th gear so it was all over. I felt like I was going to keep things even (where he doesn't gain much more than 2-3CL), had I gotten into 4th, but that didn't happen. haha

Anyways,
If any of you guys want to go out one of these nights let me know. It'll be good to plan it ahead though, no last minute stuff, it rarely pans out, as we know.
At Mango's? Yeah... lol

Disclaimer: I was drinking. Where were you and/or where did you see me at? lol
Old 06-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

At Mango's? Yeah... lol

Disclaimer: I was drinking. Where were you and/or where did you see me at? lol
Haha yeah we were outside at mango's. I saw you just sitting in a chair, I recognized that guy that casey is with sometimes (is it his gf's older brother?)...and then I saw a guy that looked like you so I figured it was.

I was just sitting with a group of people, i was in a pink polo shirt and swim shorts, we just docked the boat there and walked up for some food. the food wasn't too bad actually
Old 06-02-2008, 07:09 PM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
Haha yeah we were outside at mango's. I saw you just sitting in a chair, I recognized that guy that casey is with sometimes (is it his gf's older brother?)...and then I saw a guy that looked like you so I figured it was.

I was just sitting with a group of people, i was in a pink polo shirt and swim shorts, we just docked the boat there and walked up for some food. the food wasn't too bad actually
I like Mango's. I don't care to spend more than it's actually worth because I like to eat outside and I enjoy SML so it works out well. I wasn't too impressed with my $18.00 filet but sitting outside at the lake eating and having drinks with a few good friends makes it all worthwhile. They have great burgers from my experience though.

What'd you eat?