Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

TRUSTWORTHY Import Machine Shops?

Old 04-04-2006, 07:16 AM
I <3 2JZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default TRUSTWORTHY Import Machine Shops?

I'm considering building a block, and it seems that the most cost effective way of doing this is by having the machining done locally, and assembling the motor myself. The only problem is I don't hear much about credible trustworthy machinists locally that have experience working on imports, or more specifically my 4g63. I would just like to hear some feedback and reviews of the local shops and depending on whether or not they are good, will be the deciding factor on this motor. I considered dropping 3k+ on a vendor build block but there is alot more cost on top of that.
Thanks!
Old 04-04-2006, 07:47 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Default Re: TRUSTWORTHY Import Machine Shops?

I wouldn't mind knowing this as well, I was thinkin of building something on the side on spare time
Old 04-04-2006, 07:51 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

hudsons
Old 04-04-2006, 08:26 AM
Registered Member

00CivicGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I've heard nothing but good stuff out of Kowalskys (just south of Lynchburg on Rt 29)
Old 04-04-2006, 09:00 AM
Famous...

rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Spooln4
I'm considering building a block, and it seems that the most cost effective way of doing this is by having the machining done locally, and assembling the motor myself. The only problem is I don't hear much about credible trustworthy machinists locally that have experience working on imports, or more specifically my 4g63. I would just like to hear some feedback and reviews of the local shops and depending on whether or not they are good, will be the deciding factor on this motor. I considered dropping 3k+ on a vendor build block but there is alot more cost on top of that.
Thanks!

There is a DSM specific shop in Stauntan. I heard they do badass motor builds.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:21 AM

foshizlemynizel has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 00CivicGirl
I've heard nothing but good stuff out of Kowalskys (just south of Lynchburg on Rt 29)
+1
Old 04-04-2006, 10:08 AM
Registered Member

marshall has disabled reputation

Adam at Pro Engines has done a bunch of 4g blocks (including my stroker) he's in c'burg. 540-239-3090.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:57 AM
RAWR!%!#%!#

bensrex is an unknown quantity at this point

Another for Pro Engines. He didn't build me anything, but I stopped there to get a stripped bolt fixed, and he did it right away. Seemed like a great guy - and I saw marshall's SC300 there. Very nice.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:52 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Adam built my dads 454...only for it to take a shit a season later due to too much clearance and poor oil pressure.

I know Hudson's has done all of our work and they do quality stuff. I reccomend them if your staying local.

The guys at TurboTrix really know their shit though, and they have a full new in house machine shop. I believe Mark's dad does most of the machine work. I would just ship your block to them(not very costly if you ship it from a business w/ freight). Let them do the machine work and then you put it together. Thats what I'm going to do when I put the stroker in the evo.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:56 PM
(GT4 Driver BWahah!)

Heisdan is an unknown quantity at this point

I hear good things about TurboTrix too, of course this is 4G63 specific. BseriesTurbo traveled to visit their shop in New Jersey. I rode along for the ride, and it was a defenite expirience.

Quick Reply: TRUSTWORTHY Import Machine Shops?