Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Turbo eclipse tranny question

Old 07-04-2003, 08:29 PM
young gun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nogard4G63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Turbo eclipse tranny question

i got a question maybe one of u guys (16g) can help. I was wondering if any of u had heard anything about the blocking rings in the transmisson. i just blew the one for second and the guy said i was prolly shifting alittle quick but also that they were weak. i have no idea i know alot of guys run high horse power eclipse and i was wondering if anyone of u with a stock or ultra modded eclipse have run into similar problems.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:37 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

are you talking about the synchros? if so, those are the weak link in our trannies... just don't wind out every gear every time you use the gas and drive like a normal human being and keep the fluid fresh (use BG synchroshift or redline) in it and you should be fine.
Old 07-06-2003, 05:19 PM
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

It happens quite alot with eclipses. Personally I havent destroyed any, but its generally a common thing. Places such as teamrip.com make dual syncro's that will last a good bit more to beatings. The 2nd gear syncro is the most notorious for going out.