Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Are turbo Honda's really all they're cracked up to be?

Old 07-10-2005, 09:07 AM
THE FIASCO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blasko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Are turbo Honda's really all they're cracked up to be?

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
a fast ugly car is still an ugly car.

I guess some people don't mind riding alone--all the time.
yes that is true, pt cruisers are the ugliest cars ever made. they are the worse design ever. thats why they were the only car in automotive history to have a 9 month waiting list when they came out. because obviously no one likes them.... at all.

i guess hondas are better.... i mean they are 1/3rd the price, come with 80 less HP, and have shitty plastic interiors.
whats not to love.

its obvious that if you look at the thread thats up now about what cars anod how many people have owned, every honda owner on there has at least 2, one to drive, one for parts, and most often times a backup for when the other one wont work.

sure you might not like PT cruisers looks, but as a car enthusiast, you cant knock that they did start a retro movement, there are a shit ton of them on the road, many of them are quick, and the aftermarket stuff for them is great. all honda aftermarket is race stuff, and body kits. there are cruisers with looks from the 30s to the 2000s. as a car enthusiast you have to admit they are versatile.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:11 AM
THE FIASCO

blasko is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by fc735
i wasnt aware they made a GT cruiser in hard top? i thought all were verts?

i have not much against PT cruisers (aside from most owners feeling that it is nescessary to have a bare minimum of at least six bullet hole stickers, and there has to be something with flames on it somewhere on the vehicles....)

and i know that a car can be fast and fuggly....just ask Jeff

yup, theyve been makin the turbo models since 2001, just started badging them as GT in 04, and the convertiable gt in 05.

they actually put a lot of flames on the cars from the factory. which is kinda cool, but way overdone.

about the bullet holes and flames, a lot of old people see this is a tribute to their hot rodding past.

i like the PT because my family roots go deep into hot rodding tradition. if you look at my car i have a lot of 40s style street rod stuff on it, but with a modern performance and electronic outlook.

the best of both worlds. and plenty of room for 5 people, and my guitar stuff.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:27 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

hey genius.. insult Honda's all you want. I'll agree with you on anything you say. As you can obviously see, I don't own a Honda. so you say the PT Cruiser is the only car ever made with a 9 month wait? Horseshit. Hell, even with WRX's, I remember people placing orders for the STI's a year in advance.

I would drive a PT Cruiser or a Neon over the typical Civic, Accord, or Integra.. but give me a break. Comparing a PT Cruiser to a 40s or 50s hot rod is going a little overboard. If you want to talk about cars starting a retro movement, why is the Prowler not being mentioned? It's a piece of shit, but that's about as much of a modern hot rod as you're going to get.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:29 AM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

(The '05 Mustang GT's wait was easily that long as well)
Old 07-10-2005, 09:31 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by MerF
(The '05 Mustang GT's wait was easily that long as well)
I know for a fact that there were a lot of cars that have a waiting list longer than 1 year.. and still are. That was a ridiculous statement to say that they were the only vehicle with a waiting list as long as it takes to have a baby..
Old 07-10-2005, 10:12 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by blasko
i guess hondas are better.... i mean they are 1/3rd the price, come with 80 less HP, and have shitty plastic interiors.
whats not to love.

its obvious that if you look at the thread thats up now about what cars anod how many people have owned, every honda owner on there has at least 2, one to drive, one for parts, and most often times a backup for when the other one wont work.

You're a real genius, getting upset b/c someone is bashing your ride b/c you don't think they understand, then you take the same ignorant stance on Honda's, real smooth dick face.

I don't have anything against PT cruisers, if thats what you like then thats fine, obviously different people like different cars, but they definitely DID NOT start the "retro movement" or whatever you are calling it.. Prowlers comes to mind when you mention that..

I think it'd be fun to have a 300+ whp PT cruiser to dissapoint some people...
Old 07-10-2005, 10:33 AM
Registered Member

gonzoe00 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by GaRn
You're a real genius, getting upset b/c someone is bashing your ride b/c you don't think they understand, then you take the same ignorant stance on Honda's, real smooth dick face.

I don't have anything against PT cruisers, if thats what you like then thats fine, obviously different people like different cars, but they definitely DID NOT start the "retro movement" or whatever you are calling it.. Prowlers comes to mind when you mention that..

I think it'd be fun to have a 300+ whp PT cruiser to dissapoint some people...

Easy now Garen lets you and me stay out of the Honda shit this time
Old 07-10-2005, 02:26 PM
.!.. Evo's ;)

KnowForever has disabled reputation

People are way to defensive of their brand name. I swear it seems like this flame war starts up every other week on drag west. GET THE FUCK OVER IT PEOPLE. It's a damn car. Just about anything can be made fast, or to look good, or both. We all have different tastes and it's okay to joke with each other about our cars because that's what us car guys do, talk shit. I've never met a real enthusiast that did'nt tease their friends but this shit is getting old. Rustang, ricer civic, broken DSM, ugly cruiser, etc, as long as your not a complete ignorant dumbass, i can get along with ya. Could you people please stop getting so butt hurt because someone downs your car, as long as you like it, ignore the flames cause your either right or a moron
Old 07-10-2005, 02:48 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DeadEvoVIII
People are way to defensive of their brand name. I swear it seems like this flame war starts up every other week on drag west. GET THE FUCK OVER IT PEOPLE. It's a damn car. Just about anything can be made fast, or to look good, or both. We all have different tastes and it's okay to joke with each other about our cars because that's what us car guys do, talk shit. I've never met a real enthusiast that did'nt tease their friends but this shit is getting old. Rustang, ricer civic, broken DSM, ugly cruiser, etc, as long as your not a complete ignorant dumbass, i can get along with ya. Could you people please stop getting so butt hurt because someone downs your car, as long as you like it, ignore the flames cause your either right or a moron
Old 07-10-2005, 03:27 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by DeadEvoVIII

you're just mad cause you drive a honda

Quick Reply: Are turbo Honda's really all they're cracked up to be?