Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Are turbo Honda's really all they're cracked up to be?

Old 06-15-2005, 03:28 AM
The Pro to call.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: Are turbo Honda's really all they're cracked up to be?

no.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:23 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

It's probably laying down around 220ish I'd say, which isnt BAD...

good kill, I wouldnt mind runnin him! I have seen the owner(whether its the new one/old one) showin off/acting like a moron on willy at every stoplight..

maybe he will do his new s2k RIGHT style wise hehe..
Old 06-15-2005, 04:54 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

also keep in mind there is NO 4th gear in that car...when we put the clutch in it a month or so ago we could not get it to go into fourth at all on the testdrive. This was at cruising speed and the car did not grind or anything, it just simply would not go into gear, felt like you were hitting the gate. With the car parked and not running the transmission still would not go into fourth gear.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:45 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
also keep in mind there is NO 4th gear in that car...when we put the clutch in it a month or so ago we could not get it to go into fourth at all on the testdrive. This was at cruising speed and the car did not grind or anything, it just simply would not go into gear, felt like you were hitting the gate. With the car parked and not running the transmission still would not go into fourth gear.

You installed the clutch for the new owner? I'm not sure if I'm following your post. lol. I know he didn't go from 3rd to 5th gear. It was pretty loud and obvious, but hey, what do I know? Michael told me the kid broke something right after he sold it and he was getting blamed for it.. but I imagine he got it fixed.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:53 AM
Registered Member

gonzoe00 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work

Michael told me the kid broke something right after he sold it and he was getting blamed for it.. but I imagine he got it fixed.
Thats sounds like some shady stuff right there.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:58 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by gonzoe00
Thats sounds like some shady stuff right there.
I don't know if what I said made sense...

Kid bought the car, drove it much harder than it was ever driven before.. I was only able to get Michael to get on it once for me when the turbo was first installed. I never saw him race anyone or even really get on it ironically enough. When the kid bought the car from him, he beat on it a lot from what I've heard and according to GaRn's last post.. he broke something.. accused Michael of causing it to break somehow prior to him buying it.. I'm not sure if that's exactly how the story goes or not, but that's not uncommon to happen when someone buys a car like that and beats the hell out of it
Old 06-15-2005, 06:02 AM
Registered Member

gonzoe00 can only hope to improve

Kid bought the car, drove it much harder than it was ever driven before.. I was only able to get Michael to get on it once for me when the turbo was first installed. I never saw him race anyone or even really get on it ironically enough. When the kid bought the car from him, he beat on it a lot from what I've heard and according to GaRn's last post.. he broke something.. accused Michael of causing it to break somehow prior to him buying it.. I'm not sure if that's exactly how the story goes or not, but that's not uncommon to happen when someone buys a car like that and beats the hell out of it

I feel you now. Misunderstood you.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:22 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

Old guy? It belongs to Michael's girlfriends brother.. and there's not much that Michael could have done differently if he were driving it. He mashed the pedal to the floor and ran the motor to 25,000 rpms or so it seemed. He would have never raced me, by the way. I always wondered why.. but now I know

We're not talking about a half a car loss, or a fender loss... we're talking at least a car and a half to two cars, and with a car that's that loud when you're on it, there's no question about whether or not he gave up halfway through or if he wasn't on it or whatever.... he was definitely on it.

If you're on here, good run.... I'd like some more please.
he got banned for being an idiot
Old 06-15-2005, 06:23 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

Originally Posted by 00CivicGirl
honestly just bolting on a turbo to a honda IMO doesnt produce the numbers that some people say.
but i dont think that hatch was pushing close to 300..it could have been at one time i guess, but thats a doubt in my mind
what??? no way..my friends type-r did 340whp @ 12psi...thats not good numbers to you???
Old 06-15-2005, 06:27 AM
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

He tried to run me one time. Kept revving and blowing off on me. In traffic.

Quick Reply: Are turbo Honda's really all they're cracked up to be?