Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

UVA Wise

Old 12-14-2005, 02:20 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coolme187 has disabled reputation
Default UVA Wise

Got my first acceptence letter and Im just wondering if anyone here goes to UVA Wise? Or in the area?
Old 12-14-2005, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

fmstatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UVA Wise

what's UVA Wise? like a secondary campus? i'm confused, i've never heard anyone refer to a UVA Wise (and i'm not really a state native so that don't help)
Old 12-14-2005, 03:24 PM
Registered Member

yeah its basically a satalite campus.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:51 PM
whatever ho.

chinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these parts

i went there for 3 years. i would NOT recommend going. it's not a satelite campus. It was originally called Clinch Valley College, but became the liberarl arts part of UVA. It's easy to get into and it has less than like 5,000 students. It's located in the middle of no where. The closet mall is over 1 & 1/2 hours away. The closest 7-eleven is 2 & 1/2 hours away at Radford University. Bunch of rednecks go to that college. Their football team is garbage. I even worked for the college. They only have a few greek organizations on campus. I am alumni of Pi Kappa Phi.. the biggest greek organization at that college. I transferred back home because I can't stand being in the middle of no where. I enjoy civilization. And I hate accents.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Registered Member

D_Eclipse9916 has disabled reputation

the college sucks. Just cuz it says UVA doesnt mean it is the same performance...
Old 12-14-2005, 04:00 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by chinabuddie
i went there for 3 years. i would NOT recommend going. it's not a satelite campus. It was originally called Clinch Valley College, but became the liberarl arts part of UVA. It's easy to get into and it has less than like 5,000 students. It's located in the middle of no where. The closet mall is over 1 & 1/2 hours away. The closest 7-eleven is 2 & 1/2 hours away at Radford University. Bunch of rednecks go to that college. Their football team is garbage. I even worked for the college. They only have a few greek organizations on campus. I am alumni of Pi Kappa Phi.. the biggest greek organization at that college. I transferred back home because I can't stand being in the middle of no where. I enjoy civilization. And I hate accents.
chinabuddie where have u been??? thanks for the info though... I figured that it sucked since no one ever talks about it. It wasnt my first choice, since there are already a bunch of ppl and threads on gmu, cnu, and vcu.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:05 PM
whatever ho.

chinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these partschinabuddie is infamous around these parts

i mean it was ALRIGHT.. only because my first year there i pledged my fraternity and I was going fraternity stuff.. i gave me something to do. but second year.. got EXTREMELY boring.. i would often leave on weekends to visit my friends at Radford or VT. and 3rd year there.. I decided to be more involved in the school.. joined like a lot of organizations and clubs.. but it just sucked. and the 6 hour car ride sucked too. NOTHING is in Wise. I'm use to NOVA where everything is so close. Wise County is boring. State troopers are dicks too. So many state troopers cause you're near TN and KY.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:30 AM
Registered Member

VTsullyman has disabled reputation

WTF anything with UVA is bound to be bad! I don’t know what your major is but get into a "known" school on their main campus. Most of the time just a degree in any subject from a big university will get u a decent job. Unless you have planning on doing liberal arts. Then this saying applies
Engineers ask how something happens
Scientists ask why something happens
Businessmen ask how can I make money off of something
But
Liberal Art degrees ask do you want fries with your burger

VT Hokie
Old 12-15-2005, 07:49 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

never even heard of wise county...
Old 12-19-2005, 07:56 AM
Coastal Carolina U

James93tsi has disabled reputation

UVA Wise. my friend went there and hated every minute of it.