Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

VIDEO: Turbo H23

Old 07-28-2005, 05:22 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Default Re: VIDEO: Turbo H23

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo
I think chris is gonna head to natural bridge this fri...but I'll try and talk him into heading to shelor.

and as nelson said yeah import auto in salem.

btw, who tuned the uberdata for you? If you need any help we have a wideband and I'd be happy to take a look at it for you.

edit: just talked to him, he said he'd go if the weather holds up.
I am not gonna be able to run this time, My WG keeps on hitting the hood, and it has put a crease in it from running at NB last week.. gotta fix this before I run her hard again.. I have motor mount inserts(well one in the rear), front motor mount is gone b/c of the turbo.. got a few things to try.

I am tuning it myself, got a zeitronix zt2 the other week and it works great, got full throttle tuned pretty well, 11.9ish afr, still on the rich side for around 4 psi, but I want it to last.. partial throttle I am still workin on, a tad rich

I will probably go to the strip though..
Old 07-28-2005, 06:10 PM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by GaRn
I am not gonna be able to run this time, My WG keeps on hitting the hood, and it has put a crease in it from running at NB last week.. gotta fix this before I run her hard again.. I have motor mount inserts(well one in the rear), front motor mount is gone b/c of the turbo.. got a few things to try.

I am tuning it myself, got a zeitronix zt2 the other week and it works great, got full throttle tuned pretty well, 11.9ish afr, still on the rich side for around 4 psi, but I want it to last.. partial throttle I am still workin on, a tad rich

I will probably go to the strip though..

you can swap to the 5th gen accord front crossmember, it has a lot better mount setup, and you can slightly trim the bracket to fit the turbo;-)
Old 07-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

you can swap to the 5th gen accord front crossmember, it has a lot better mount setup, and you can slightly trim the bracket to fit the turbo;-)
Good idea, and I was not aware of that, but there is no way a front mount is fitting lol, I had to shave the block in that area to even get it to fit.. only like 5 mm in a small spot, but still had to :\

I ordered an engine damper, we'll see how that works, if that doesnt completely solve it, I am gonna fill the other side mount with window weld, and see if there is a way to replace the liquid filled mount.. but lets hope I don't have to go there..
Old 07-29-2005, 10:13 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Good idea, and I was not aware of that, but there is no way a front mount is fitting lol, I had to shave the block in that area to even get it to fit.. only like 5 mm in a small spot, but still had to :\

I ordered an engine damper, we'll see how that works, if that doesnt completely solve it, I am gonna fill the other side mount with window weld, and see if there is a way to replace the liquid filled mount.. but lets hope I don't have to go there..
talked to chris and he said the 4th gen ludes already have that mount, what manifold are you using?
Old 07-29-2005, 11:38 AM
Registered member

talked to chris and he said the 4th gen ludes already have that mount, what manifold are you using?
Already had which mount? front mount to the trans housing?

I am using a SFP manifold copy(OBX) for a 4g63..

Most people have to trim or lose the mount, or get a 1/2 size radiator..

You can see where the compressor housing is and the bolt holes right behind it.. yea thats where the mount used to be

I am confident the engine damper and filled passenger motor mount will fix the issue.. the engine is just rotating counter clockwise b/c of no front motor mount right now a bit more than normal..
Old 07-30-2005, 09:45 AM
Go Team Marlboro

Already had which mount? front mount to the trans housing?

I am using a SFP manifold copy(OBX) for a 4g63..

Most people have to trim or lose the mount, or get a 1/2 size radiator..

You can see where the compressor housing is and the bolt holes right behind it.. yea thats where the mount used to be

I am confident the engine damper and filled passenger motor mount will fix the issue.. the engine is just rotating counter clockwise b/c of no front motor mount right now a bit more than normal..
well see 4th gen accords have a large dogbone style mount on the front, and the 4th gen lude and 5th gen accord just have a bracket that bolts to the tranny and goes down to the subframe. Setup looks nice...I had forgotten about the 4g flange similarity to the H23.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:10 PM
EtHuGn' N dA NoKe!!!

IntegraXSi is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice job

I did'nt know the 4g63 mani would work I doubt it was bolt on how much "work" had to be done to the mani?
Old 07-31-2005, 06:33 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by IntegraXSi
Nice job

I did'nt know the 4g63 mani would work I doubt it was bolt on how much "work" had to be done to the mani?
I just had to redrill like 3 bolt holes, pretty good fit after that!