Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

virginia tech students/friends of students.

Old 11-08-2005, 01:38 PM
bye
dirt the flirt.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye
Default Re: virginia tech students/friends of students.

ive never heard of anybody getting there license taken away from getting a possession ticket on campus.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:15 PM
Bro'd Out

Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito

it is possible, but they always offer the class or ways around it.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Bro'd Out

Originally Posted by slowb20civic
get your case continued by a lawyer until after you are 21,

you might get off then with a fine only
i know a guy who had his date after he turned 21 and he still had to do everything.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:26 PM
Drag757.com Alumni

G32BTurbo G32BTurbo

the two people i worked com. service with that had possesion got 100hrs. i duno their previous record so maybe they were extreme cases, but i am willing to bet you'll get atleast 50.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:20 PM
Bro'd Out

100 hours for possession of alcohol doesn't sound very right.

i was drunk stealing a sign of the side of McBride and ran from the oncampus security before the cops arrested me at 3 am and i didn't get that much shit. and i drunk in public as well as possesion by consumption.

i honestly don't know anybody who has gotten that many hours on an alcohol charge.

maybe possession of marajuana.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:23 AM

VT_453 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...00+cod+4.1-305

subsection C lists the penalties, and for people that dont wanna click

C. Any person found guilty of a violation of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor; and upon conviction, (i) such person shall be ordered to pay a mandatory minimum fine of $500 or ordered to perform a mandatory minimum of 50 hours of community service as a condition of probation supervision and (ii) such person's license to operate a motor vehicle in the Commonwealth may be suspended for a period of not more than one year. The court, in its discretion and upon a demonstration of hardship, may authorize any person convicted of a violation of this section the use of a restricted permit to operate a motor vehicle in accordance with the provisions of subsection D of § 16.1-278.9 or subsection E of § 18.2-271.1 or when referred to a local community-based probation program established pursuant to Article 9 (§ 9.1-173 et seq.) of Chapter 1 of Title 9.1. During the period of license suspension, the court may require a person issued a restricted permit under the provisions of this subsection to be (i) monitored by an alcohol safety action program, or (ii) supervised by a local community-based probation program established pursuant to Article 9 (§ 9.1-173 et seq.) of Chapter 1 of Title 9.1, if one has been established for the locality. The alcohol safety action program or local community-based probation program shall report to the court any violation of the terms of the restricted permit, the required alcohol safety action program monitoring or the local community-based probation and any condition related thereto or any failure to remain alcohol-free during the suspension period.

and subsection F for first time offenders who want to take a class, this outlines it

F. When any person who has not previously been convicted of underaged consumption, purchase or possession of alcoholic beverages in Virginia or any other state or the United States is before the court, the court may, upon entry of a plea of guilty or not guilty, if the facts found by the court would justify a finding of guilt of a violation of subsection A, without entering a judgment of guilt and with the consent of the accused, defer further proceedings and place him on probation subject to appropriate conditions. Such conditions may include the imposition of the license suspension and restricted license provisions in subsection C. However, in all such deferred proceedings, the court shall require the accused to enter a treatment or education program or both, if available, that in the opinion of the court best suits the needs of the accused. If the accused is placed on local community-based probation, the program shall be located in any of the judicial districts served by the community-based probation program or in any judicial district ordered by the court when the placement is with an alcohol safety action program. The services shall be provided by (i) a program licensed by the Department of Mental Health, Mental Retardation and Substance Abuse Services, (ii) certified by the Commission on VASAP, or (iii) by a program made available through a community-based probation program established pursuant to § 9.1-174, if one has been established for the locality. When an offender is ordered to enter a local community-based probation program rather than the alcohol safety action program, the local community-based probation program shall be responsible for providing for services or referring the offender to education or treatment services as a condition of probation.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:41 AM
bye
dirt the flirt.

bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye

i dont understand what any of that says.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:45 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by coupey
i dont understand what any of that says.
It means you're facing 5-10 years.. They just passed a new law that will require you to serve a minimum of 5 years, and a maximum of 10 years behind bars for posession of alcohol as a minor. Man, Virginia is strict! Now that a fucking democrat is going to take over Virginia, it's only going to get worse.

Just kidding.

Last edited by VanillaThrilla; 11-09-2005 at 07:56 AM.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:21 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

dumbass. [/color] is what you need to be all stealthy and shit.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:57 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by fc735
dumbass. [/color] is what you need to be all stealthy and shit.
Fuck. Obviously I'm out of it today.

You'd think a veteran web designer could use tags appropriately.

Quick Reply: virginia tech students/friends of students.